• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trouble walking reservation

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been walking a 2BD reservation for the F1 weekend at Elara. Came across this tonight (after 12 am EST) when I tried to add the next day that should be available (11/21).

Can anyone explain how this happens? I have the previous 3 nights (11/17 - 11/20), how is it possible that 11/21 is no longer available? It's not due to Home Week bookings, those start on Fridays. [I also noticed that the 2LP units are not available the night of 2/18, I also can't explain that.]

I am planning on calling Club Support but I believe they are closed on President's day 2/19 so that means the reservation wouldn't have been walked for 2 nights before they are open.

1708321375577.png

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I have seen this happen before. Either someone beat you to that last room for that night, it was taken via HW from the Friday before that for the that week, or pulled out my HGV for some reason. I would call CS on Tuesday to see if they can add it. If not, hold what you have and start a new the reservation after with the hope that at some point, it fills.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Something weird is going on and that really is not cool to have this happen to you. I’m also walking a reservation (not the 2BD) but had a different issue.

I had booked the 17th-20th and was wanting to simply add a day (the 21st). The 21st was showing available; however, the 17th was not even though my existing reservation included that day.

The only way to add the 21st was to drop the 17th and go with a 18-21st.

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
I would suspect some shenanigans to hold some rooms for $$$$$. By whom, I have no idea.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Something weird is going on and that really is not cool to have this happen to you. I’m also walking a reservation (not the 2BD) but had a different issue.

I had booked the 17th-20th and was wanting to simply add a day (the 21st). The 21st was showing available; however, the 17th was not even though my existing reservation included that day.

The only way to add the 21st was to drop the 17th and go with a 18-21st.
This is a system glitch and has been happening since last year. You have to call CS to get them to add it or try using the app. I have noticed that when the website does this, the app may work...if not, call CS and they will add it. I have had to do this many times. It shows available for a new booking but not in the change screen or it does in the change screen but will not add it. Both instances, I call CS and they add it. The app is very clumsy for walking but works.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would suspect some shenanigans to hold some rooms for $$$$$. By whom, I have no idea.
This has happened many times in the past at various properties. Last year, it was doing it at OO and @GT75 and I had a long discussion about it because it was the same thing...we could not figure out if it was pulled out for maintenance or something else but it was odd that a day during the week was missing. A check in day/weekend, you can sort of justify with overlap reservations but mid-week? also, you don't know how many rooms are actually available for each day so overlap can cause this.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Could it be caused by Hilton Hotels booking a 1N stay?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Could it be caused by Hilton Hotels booking a 1N stay?
I guess if an owner there converted to HH, then that week would be in Hilton or unsold inventory.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Speculation that inventory could have been pulled for Hilton Hotel, RCI or maintenance.

tah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Speculation that inventory could have been pulled for Hilton Hotel, RCI or maintenance.

This happened last year for F1 walkers. While not the OP, what they are saying is: they already have *that* day in a current reservation but when trying to extend the reservation the system shows no availability for *that" day -- a day they already have. And when the next day is allowable to be booked at midnight, it cannot be added because of the "missing" previous day -- which the current reservation already has.

Is that any clearer? It's not something that was "pulled". It's something that is already (previously) allocated in the existing reservation but doesn't show as available while trying to change the reservation -- so the reservation cannot be changed.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This happened last year for F1 walkers. While not the OP, what they are saying is: they already have *that* day in a current reservation but when trying to extend the reservation the system shows no availability for *that" day -- a day they already have. And when the next day is allowable to be booked at midnight, it cannot be added because of the "missing" previous day -- which the current reservation already has.

Is that any clearer? It's not something that was "pulled". It's something that is already (previously) allocated in the existing reservation but doesn't show as available while trying to change the reservation -- so the reservation cannot be changed.
The OP doesn't have the day. They have the 3 nights prior and they can't get the next night because it is missing.

tah

TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP doesn't have the day. They have the 3 nights prior and they can't get the next night because it is missing.
You are correct. I misread the post. But...

Even if he were able to have walked it, that night will show as missing now. Everything related to a 2BD (3LK, 3LB, 4LK) will show 11/20 as unavailable when attempting to walk tonight -- thus preventing any additions of event days for the race. It happened last year the same way. And it's happening again this year.

So the good news/bad news for the OP is that even if he could have walked it, that's as far as he would have gone.

I was also trying to walk a 2BD related room and originally had to drop a day (I didn't want anyway) in order to complete the change -- like jabberwocky -- but in preparing for tonight's walk I can see that 11/20 is a no-show for changes (even though I already have it) -- so will be prevented from adding 11/21 at midnight (even though it currently shows as available).

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know, as of right now, if they could walk it, the next night's are there so I guess we will see if they remain... At least from the image that was posted but it could have changed since then.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can go out and book the 2 bed grand right now though the 21st. I would just change rooms and book it

1000005579.png

Last edited:

tah

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 11/20 in a current reservation, but it's missing in the view. While I know that I cannot add 11/21 right now, I cannot even pick up a previous day.

The 2BD is a corner with windows that are guaranteed to face the track along Harmon. The 2LK is a gamble.

(For me I'm trying to travel with a huge party and need the rooms -- but will go to disconnected smaller rooms (and multiple reservations fees) if necessary)

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Aren’t the Grand Plus the preferred rooms for F1? High floors, strip view?

I’m not really interested in going, just curious.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have 11/20 in a current reservation, but it's missing in the view. While I know that I cannot add 11/21 right now, I cannot even pick up a previous day.

The 2BD is a corner with windows that are guaranteed to face the track along Harmon. The 2LK is a gamble.

(For me I'm trying to travel with a huge party and need the rooms -- but will go to disconnected smaller rooms (and multiple reservations fees) if necessary)
Same issue for me. @HuskerATL - do you think this will be something CS can handle with a call (adding the day) or should I just switch to the 2LK?

I had 2LK last year and I had to sweet talk the front desk into giving me a Harmon view room rather than the originally assigned one overlooking the mall and PH.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Never mind. I think I figured out how to do it in the iOS App. Definitely more clunky - but it worked and I was able to grab a checkout for the 22nd. I’ve left the reservation as a four night instead of three.

Fingers crossed that the remaining three nights go smoother!

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never mind. I think I figured out how to do it in the iOS App. Definitely more clunky - but it worked and I was able to grab a checkout for the 22nd. I’ve left the reservation as a four night instead of three.

Which version of the iOS app are you using? I'm using 3.3.7 and in addition to being incredibly slow, exactly zero of my reservations show up when I log into the app.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Which version of the iOS app are you using? I'm using 3.3.7 and in addition to being incredibly slow, exactly zero of my reservations show up when I log into the app.
I have version 3.3.7. It is maddeningly slow, and seems like it spins its wheels a lot, but it does work for me (I only have a single reservation).

IMG_8212.jpeg

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

nice....yes, the app is clunky but works. Good to hear that room was available. I just looked this morning and the 21st is now gone for most units so either a lot of walking and that day has less rooms available or something else. You will know tonight/tomorrow morning if that line moves to the 22nd.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you looking at the home screen or do you go to tools/my reservations? I use the tools route not My Dashboard

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you looking at the home screen or do you go to tools/my reservations? I use the tools route not My Dashboard

Ah - that was helpful. I was using the home screen of the app. I can now see the reservations using the tools route. Next step is to figure out how to try and change them in the app.

EDIT: Figured it out. It's certainly not a user-friendly app! No luck with availability using the app. I called Club Support and was told that most of the rooms at Elara are down on 11/20 for "Maintenance".

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Ah - that was helpful. I was using the home screen of the app. I can now see the reservations using the tools route. Next step is to figure out how to try and change them in the app.
I always use the desktop version on my iPad when I walk (or my laptop). The app is good for some things, but making and walking reservations is not one of them, at least for me.