• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website and Points Issues?

oceanblue2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle's Nest/Marco Beach, Fl
DRI
A few days ago I attempted to make a reservation at a resort that we frequently visit. The website showed that the required points had increased for the period that we normally visit. Since that visit to the website I have been unable to access the site. I constantly get an error message and wonder if anyone else has had the same issue.

I called the call center yesterday to clarify the change in points requirement and got nowhere. I am assuming that this is an error that occurred when Hilton was messing with the website. I was given an e-mail address to contact and sent them an e-mail explaining that the number of point on the reservation site doesn't agree with the points shown on the member directory site. Today I got a wacky response telling me that there is no availability with regular points but I can reserve through DEX at the higher points level. REALLY! Why would I do that, use more points and pay for the privilege? So my second question is whether anyone else has had this problem and if so were you able to get it corrected.

The call tried to tell me the the number of points had increased. I do hope that this isn't another of Hilton's changes. I am going to dig out our contract to check if my recollection is correct that the required number of points doesn't change. Of course our contract was with Diamond and not Hilton.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
All I can say is that I checked at The Point at Poipu and Kaanapali Beach Club, the two places I know what the points should be, and they haven't changed for bookings more than 60 days out. If you're not booking a multiple of 7 days, the amount could vary depending on the checkin day. The rates are higher for weekend days.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I have a directory from 10 years ago. If you tell me which resort, I can check to see if it has changed.

oceanblue2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle's Nest/Marco Beach, Fl
DRI
I have a directory from 10 years ago. If you tell me which resort, I can check to see if it has changed.

Thanks for checking the points situation. I have checked the directory, at least I did before the site went down! The points requirement in the directory haven't changed, only on the reservation site and they no longer agree. I was trying to book for seven days arriving on the designated check in day the same as we always do. I seem to be having trouble getting that point across to HGV that there is a problem. I was curious if anyone else had hit the same issue.

It sounds as though you are able to access the site so the glitch must be at my end of things.

I appreciate the help.