• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate Myrtle Beach II Exchange [they won't let me check in]

tugmaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem that you hold a confirmation from II that was dated 9 months before the check in date and Westgate will not honor it because they claim II never sent them the information on the confirmation? They refuse to provide a room because they claim they are sold out. However, a room can be rented on their website.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG @tugmass :

I am truly sorry that you find yourself in this unfortunate predicament.

You need to call II tomorrow (as it's too late today) Westgate should have called them immediately.
The number is on the right hand side, toward the bottom 1/3 of your confirmation.

Please take this certificate with you to the resort. The resort may require a valid photo ID for all guests. If arriving after the scheduled check-in date indicated, advise the resort at the phone number above. For a full explanation of the cancellation policy, please see the Terms and Conditions. For check-in assistance, address your concerns with the Front Desk staff. PLEASE NOTE: YOUR UNIT MAY VARY FROM THE ONE INDICATED. The Certificate does not guara ntee a view or location.

305-668-3411 / 877-700-1154
Monday - Friday: 9am - 11pm (EST)
Saturday: 10am - 8pm,
Sunday: 10am - 6pm (EST)

In the meantime, email II
- I don't know if anyone there can help, but if they can send a fax to Westgate, maybe you can get in tonight.

In the future, you always, always, call to make sure the resort has received II's confirmation and has a unit in your name.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes, it can happen with any II exchange and with rci too. Even if they say you don't need to reconfirm, reconfirm with the resort at least a week in advance and if there is a problem you have time to get on the phone with the exchange company to get them to figure it out. Doesn't mean they always can but they at least have some time to figure it out. I probably wouldn't hurt to reconfirm 3 months in advance as well, although some resorts don't get the actual check in information until a week or so before check in. They may know that yes they have 3 Interval exchanges coming in on that date but they don't always get the specific names until closer to check in.
Call the emergency line for the exchange company and see if they can help you out.
If you can't find an emergency number do a reply to the confirmation with a subject line of emergency because even when the phone line is closed they might have staffing for online emergencies.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, where you able to check in ?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you tried calling II Checkin Assistance? Call this now, no need to wait.

Check-In Assistance
877-700-1154
305-668-3411
Thanks for sharing these II Checking Assistance Telephone Numbers.
I have saved them for further assistance.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem that you hold a confirmation from II that was dated 9 months before the check in date and Westgate will not honor it because they claim II never sent them the information on the confirmation? They refuse to provide a room because they claim they are sold out. However, a room can be rented on their website.
When I stayed at that resort (2017) it took a while for them to find our reservation which was an exchange through II. When they finally found it they said it was filed under my middle initial instead of our last names. I think the space was missing and they had to look under “j” instead of “c”. I hope II helps resolve this for you!

oceanblue2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle's Nest/Marco Beach, Fl
DRI
Yikes, I have never heard of this happening before. I have been exchanging through II and RCI for more than forty years. I haven't been in the habit of calling the resort to confirm the exchange as I have never had a problem. It rather sounds as though it is time to start calling ahead to confirm.

I hope the OP was able to sort things out and get checked in.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It would be great if @tugmaas would stop back in and let us know how this turned out. It seems this may have just been a driveby as the OP hasn't been back since the time they posted about the issue.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
In March, I called with a room location request for an II exchange. The resort said a week was too early to call and instructed me to call back at 3 days prior to check-in. I did and they still didn't find my reservation, so I called II and they resent the information to the resort, telling me to wait 2 hours before calling the resort back. I called 4 hours later and the resort rep still couldn't find it. I insisted she look again and VERY slowly spelled my fairly common last name. She still couldn't find it. She tried to hang up on me, but I insisted she look again and again spelled my name SLOWLY and probably loudly. It was there. Definitely a lot of wasted time.

Sheila

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Looks like the OP was another drive by poster. I wonder if this even happened.