• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldMark Moab - what a great visit!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It isn’t often, when staying in timeshares, that you get a chance to be the first person to stay in a given unit. And although I know we weren’t the first people there during our most recent stay at the brand new WorldMark resort in Moab, Utah, I’d wager we were among the first five or so to stay there. The only giveaway that this unit was not brand new were a few telltale marks on the stovetop burners in the kitchen. The rest of the unit looked and felt like it was brand new.

This resort has been a long time coming, and with the recent announcement that it was finally available for WorldMark owners to book, we jumped at the chance. We booked three nights in a standard two bedroom unit, for the midweek days just after the Memorial Day holiday. Booking was handled directly through the WorldMark website – no call-in or other efforts required.

01 Entry Sign.JPG

On arrival, the unit was ready for us. Check-in was a breeze, and the staff were very pleasant and accommodating. No pressure to attend any sort of sales presentation, no song and dance to get a parking pass. The entire check-in experience was polite and respectful. We learned that Crystal, the helpful staffer who checked us in, had been born and raised in Moab, so she had lots of advice about what to see and do. She provided some easy and accurate directions to certain restaurants and grocery stores in town, and made us feel very welcomed to the resort.

tempImage2WNvhL.png

tempImagedz6nvV.png

One new thing (for us) that they encouraged was to send text messages with questions to a certain number. They said that way anyone working in the office can reply. We did text a time or two, and always got a prompt response. Much better than dialing a number and waiting On Hold till someone had time to answer. Check out was handled the same way – send a text saying we were leaving, and they’d email the receipt. Very efficient, and saved us a lot of time.

The resort is comprised of ten three-story buildings with elevators, loosely scattered around a common area. There was plenty of parking available, and we never had to walk more than a few steps from our car to the elevator. They said the resort is now booking at 100%, but it wasn’t noisy, and didn’t feel crowded.

We were assigned unit 1212 in Building 2, on the second floor. Entry into the unit is with a credit-card-sized electronic card key (hold it against the lock till the light turns green, then turn the door lever handle.) The door was solid and heavy, so it took a bit of effort to get it open. Once inside, slip the door key into a slot adjacent to the doorway, (similar to what I’ve seen in cruise ship staterooms), to activate the lights.

04 Unit 1212.JPG

The primary space in the unit was a “great room” setup, with a dining area, kitchen, and living area. The large dining table had six chairs, so would easily accommodate a family meal. A central kitchen island with sink and disposal, had a granite countertop eat-in space with three barstools. The living area had a fold-out sofa and one side chair, a coffee table, lamps, and two end tables. A large flat-screen TV hung on the wall above an electric fireplace. We were three adults in the unit, and we never felt crowded. Flooring was luxury vinyl plank in the common areas, carpeting in the bedrooms, and tile in the bathrooms.

05 Great Room.JPG

06 Dining Table.JPG

tempImageGQA8Sm.png

tempImage74lpa7.png

tempImagersQotU.png

Amenities in the unit included a stacked washer and dryer, and a utility closet with the usual ironing board with iron, a carpet sweeper, broom, extra bedding, and plenty of storage. The kitchen was fully appointed with full-sized range and refrigerator with icemaker, dishwasher, and the usual assortment of dishes, flatware, utensils, bowls, countertop appliances, pots and pans.

Washer and Dryer.JPG

Storage.JPG

The Master Bedroom had a luxurious king-sized bed with nightstands and lamps, a double dresser, and closet with plenty of space. A large flat screen TV hung on the wall above the dresser. The ensuite Master Bath had a wide counter with single sink, long-bowl commode, and a double-sized glass shower enclosure.

09 Master BR.JPG

10 Master Bath.JPG

The second bedroom had two double-sized beds, nightstands with lamps, and a dresser. A flat screen TV hung above the dresser. The attached bathroom had a tub-shower combination, and vanity with a single sink. Lighting was good, and things worked very well.

11 Guest BR.JPG

12 Guest Bath.JPG

There was a sliding glass door to a balcony in the living room, with a view of the general resort layout. Above the low-rise buildings there were views of the red rock cliffs that surround the resort. It was a very nice unit to stay in.

08a Living Room View.JPG

The office area has an activity area adjacent, with a pool table and gym area, and a business center with computers. There is a small “grab and go” convenience space off the lobby, for those last minute needs, like aspirin or an ice cream bar.

tempImageFAnTJu.png

tempImage1JPQbz.png

15 Game Room.JPG

16 Gym Room.JPG

On the resort grounds there are a number of gathering places with lounge chairs surrounding gas firepits, a number of barbecues, and a playground area for kids. A large swimming pool and spa complex are adjacent to the office, with plenty of lounge chairs available.

17 Firepit.JPG

17a Firepit 2.JPG

18 Barbecue and Playground.JPG

tempImagelvjQEi.png

tempImagetD3IlP.png

19 Pool Area.JPG

20 Pool Area 2.JPG

tempImageqJmZxw.png

An unexpected surprise was the brand new on-site restaurant, Sandstone, that had just opened a few days prior to our arrival. We enjoyed breakfast there one day, and a late lunch another day. Food was very good, and prices were very reasonable. They also feature a full bar, with a varied drink menu. The restaurant location is next to the pool, so provides a strong sense of inclusion to the resort environment. Sitting outdoors allows plenty of views of the surrounding red rock cliffs. Once they get the finer operational details sorted out, it will be a very nice place to enjoy a leisurely meal.

22 Restaurant 1.JPG

23 Restaurant 2.JPG

Location of the resort is right on the highway heading into the Moab business area, with easy access in and out. Highway 191 changes to Main Street as it enters Moab, so the resort is easy to find. We used the resort as base camp for a full day of exploring Arches National Park one day, and Canyonlands National Park the next, both of which are easily accessed from the resort. This is a very pleasant resort that is sure to enjoy a long life, and will be very popular. We’re pleased we have had this opportunity to visit, we highly recommend it, and we would gladly stay there again.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Two more pictures (I hit the limit on the previous post.)

The indoor seating area of the Sandstone restaurant, and the view from the outdoor seating:

23 Restaurant 3.JPG

tempImagepX09EX.png

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Great review, thank you ! Makes me want to go to Moab again.

Thanks, Gayle. I've been to Moab several times, and knew I wanted to come back. This resort opening was the impetus I needed. It was a great visit. :thumbup:

Dave

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the great photos of the resort.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thank you for the great photos of the resort.

Happy to help. I figured since it was so new, and this was the first review from a Worldmark owner, folks would want to see how it looks. These are very typical images of this nice location.

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
This is such a cool thread. I really like the pics and descriptions Dave. On your first pic I noticed Element by Wyndham is over the WM sign. Is this a Wyndham and Worldmark owned resort ?

Bill

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent, comprehensive review and thanks for the pix too. Good to hear about the restaurant on site.

Been eagerly awaiting this a long time. Moab has been a timeshare black hole for too long, and as a result we've never spent more than 3 nights or so there at once. Now we've booked in for this October through the Worldmark website for a longer stay.

Is the Element a separate hotel there on site, or have they co-branded somehow with the worldmark and it's really just the same facility?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
This is such a cool thread. I really like the pics and descriptions Dave. On your first pic I noticed Element by Wyndham is over the WM sign. Is this a Wyndham and Worldmark owned resort ?

Bill

Thanks, Bill. The sign actually says "Element by Westin." There is a second resort on a corner of the same property. You can see it in the 16th image, the view from the living room balcony. The Westin is on the left side in that picture.

WM Moab is being called an Associate resort. The WorldMark website says this: "Associate resorts are additional locations where special short-term arrangements have been made to provide you with more vacation options as a benefit of your WorldMark ownership. WorldMark owners are able to use their credits to enjoy limited-availability sneak peek access at the new Moab associate resort. The booking window for associate resorts is 9 months or less from the date of arrival. Credit values are subject to change, and associate resorts may be added or deleted at any time."

I don't know when things changed - I'd heard Moab was going to be a new WM resort from the get-go. This "Associate" thing sounds like a backdoor arm-twist to get WM Owners to buy some other kinds of credits so they can book into this nice resort. That the place is heavily branded with WorldMark logos only confuses the issue. :shrug:

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Excellent, comprehensive review and thanks for the pix too. Good to hear about the restaurant on site.

Been eagerly awaiting this a long time. Moab has been a timeshare black hole for too long, and as a result we've never spent more than 3 nights or so there at once. Now we've booked in for this October through the Worldmark website for a longer stay.

Is the Element a separate hotel there on site, or have they co-branded somehow with the worldmark and it's really just the same facility?

Thanks for the kind words. I deliberately wrote a lot, and posted as many pictures as seemed relevant, to give folks a good idea of what to expect. Being a new resort, there was only one small review, from a renter. I wanted to post from an Owner's perspective.

As for the Westin: See my reply in post #9. I saw nothing that indicated they were related, just sharing a driveway.

Dave

arch53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Thanks for the great review. In Spring 2021 my wife and I were in Moab for a week and frequently passed by the Worldmark Moab resort which, at that time, was mostly built but empty and unoccupied. As Worldmark owners on the east coast, we primary use our credits for trading with II since we are not often out west. We had hoped that the Moab resort would be open for our Spring 2021 trip out west but it was not to be ( instead we stayed in a very nice townhouse condo unit a mile or two further down the same main road that the WM resort is on). It was great seeing all your pictures with the finished and furnished WM units. With the information from your review/report, when we do another trip out west in the future, we will put the WMMoab resort on our list. Thanks again.

John

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
[Duplicate post. Oops.]

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks for the great review. In Spring 2021 my wife and I were in Moab for a week and frequently passed by the Worldmark Moab resort which, at that time, was mostly built but empty and unoccupied. As Worldmark owners on the east coast, we primary use our credits for trading with II since we are not often out west. We had hoped that the Moab resort would be open for our Spring 2021 trip out west but it was not to be ( instead we stayed in a very nice townhouse condo unit a mile or two further down the same main road that the WM resort is on). It was great seeing all your pictures with the finished and furnished WM units. With the information from your review/report, when we do another trip out west in the future, we will put the WMMoab resort on our list. Thanks again.

John

Happy to help, John. I know it was a long time coming, and there has been a lot of curiosity about the place. Any WM Owner would be pleased to stay at this resort.

Dave

vikingsholm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. I deliberately wrote a lot, and posted as many pictures as seemed relevant, to give folks a good idea of what to expect. Being a new resort, there was only one small review, from a renter. I wanted to post from an Owner's perspective.

As for the Westin: See my reply in post #9. I saw nothing that indicated they were related, just sharing a driveway.

Dave
Ah, makes sense since Westin and Worldmark are not of the same parent company.

That Associate resort thing threw me for a loop too. I'm going to ask them when I visit there, but not sure the people on site would have the full scoop on that. Probably just some info they're instructed to give out about it. If anyone else here has insight on this, it would be great to know. I raised that question earlier on TUG when they first opened for reservations, but don't recall anyone being able to clarify it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks, Bill. The sign actually says "Element by Westin." There is a second resort on a corner of the same property. You can see it in the 16th image, the view from the living room balcony. The Westin is on the left side in that picture.

WM Moab is being called an Associate resort. The WorldMark website says this: "Associate resorts are additional locations where special short-term arrangements have been made to provide you with more vacation options as a benefit of your WorldMark ownership. WorldMark owners are able to use their credits to enjoy limited-availability sneak peek access at the new Moab associate resort. The booking window for associate resorts is 9 months or less from the date of arrival. Credit values are subject to change, and associate resorts may be added or deleted at any time."

I don't know when things changed - I'd heard Moab was going to be a new WM resort from the get-go. This "Associate" thing sounds like a backdoor arm-twist to get WM Owners to buy some other kinds of credits so they can book into this nice resort. That the place is heavily branded with WorldMark logos only confuses the issue. :shrug:

Dave
Is it possible that "associate resort" is just a designation that they use because the resort hasn't legally been conveyed into the Worldmark trust? Once it is officially added, they remove that designation?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Is it possible that "associate resort" is just a designation that they use because the resort hasn't legally been conveyed into the Worldmark trust? Once it is officially added, they remove that designation?

That may be what it's about. The verbiage I copied above in Reply #9 came directly from the WorldMark website for this resort. So something's different, for sure.

Dave

arch53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
The "Associate Resort" category somewhat confuses me since WorldMark The Club --not Wyndham -- owns the actual WM resorts and Wyndham only develops and sells them; Wyndham also has the management contract for operation of all the WM resorts as well. The description of an "Associate Resort" suggests that WorldMark The Club does not own the Moab resort. Puzzling.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just published your review and photos, thats a heckuva visit (and resort review!)

thanks for sharing!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
just published your review and photos, thats a heckuva visit (and resort review!)

thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Brian. Trying to do my bit to pay it forward some. Hope everyone finds it useful.

Dave

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I read that Associate stuff too, which has me greatly concerned.

I recently obtained a very small WM account for us mostly with BT, IS, MM bookings. But my plan has been to use the regular points for a Moab trip. I am a bit confused as to how this became an associate when the whole time previous this was always a WM resort.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure if this is somehow relevant, but with Kingstown Reef in Orlando, there have long been two Worldmark buildings. A couple years ago they built two new buildings but they were branded Club Wyndham. We stayed in each of them on Club Wyndham stays (once on an owner rental and again on RCI booking). When we first stayed, the Club Wyndham website seemed to indicate they were Club Wyndham, then sometime last year the resort page indicated that it would become a Wyndham Club Pass Resort in 2022. The resort page on the Club Wyndham site now indicates it is a Club Pass Resort. I think that means these two buildings have or will switch over to Worldmark. That seemed to indicate that Wyndham never added these units to CWA and then just this year they opted to convey them to Worldmark. I suspect the same may be true here of Moab. When they finally get around to adding these to Worldmark (is Worldmark a Trust), they will update the website accordingly. The Moab property was probably developed by a third party developer in an asset light strategy and Wyndham will bring in inventory as needed to sell it.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m curious if there is a turn lane to cross traffic to go into resort if you come from town? When we were there and it was under construction, it looked like a nightmare to cross traffic and turn left to also leave the resort.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I’m curious if there is a turn lane to cross traffic to go into resort if you come from town? When we were there and it was under construction, it looked like a nightmare to cross traffic and turn left to also leave the resort.

There was not a turning lane, but there are two lanes in each direction on that part of the road. I had no trouble or delays turning into the resort when either north or south bound. The trickiest part was making sure I knew exactly where the driveway is, as it's not very big, and easy to miss. At highway speed, it was easy to miss the turn. Watching for that Westin/WorldMark sign was important.

Edit to add: Apparently there is a turning lane, as described by @CO skier elsewhere in this thread. I honestly hadn't paid that much attention to it. I stand corrected. :D

Dave

Last edited:

vikingsholm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is somehow relevant, but with Kingstown Reef in Orlando, there have long been two Worldmark buildings. A couple years ago they built two new buildings but they were branded Club Wyndham. We stayed in each of them on Club Wyndham stays (once on an owner rental and again on RCI booking). When we first stayed, the Club Wyndham website seemed to indicate they were Club Wyndham, then sometime last year the resort page indicated that it would become a Wyndham Club Pass Resort in 2022. The resort page on the Club Wyndham site now indicates it is a Club Pass Resort. I think that means these two buildings have or will switch over to Worldmark. That seemed to indicate that Wyndham never added these units to CWA and then just this year they opted to convey them to Worldmark. I suspect the same may be true here of Moab. When they finally get around to adding these to Worldmark (is Worldmark a Trust), they will update the website accordingly. The Moab property was probably developed by a third party developer in an asset light strategy and Wyndham will bring in inventory as needed to sell it.
I hope it's something like that. This is the most detailed speculation I've seen yet, so perhaps it's on the right track.

They have a Moab thread on the wmowners.com website under Future Worldmark Resorts, but you have to register to read it, and I feel too saturated with various accounts right now to bother signing up.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I hope it's something like that. This is the most detailed speculation I've seen yet, so perhaps it's on the right track.

They have a Moab thread on the wmowners.com website under Future Worldmark Resorts, but you have to register to read it, and I feel too saturated with various accounts right now to bother signing up.

I just reviewed WMowners.com website, and found this information:

The pertinent part of that thread page is a post by user herindoors, saying "It will be a Worldmark resort soon. They are having legal paperwork problems and waiting for those to come to fruition. The associate part will be dropped."

So maybe it's WM doing a CYA thing till all the paperwork is done? The only place I saw anything with "associate" in it was on the reservation. Everything on site I saw was WM branded. Nothing indicated it was even a joint Wyndham/WorldMark thing - strictly WorldMark.

Dave