• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham and Worldmark

Mixxx008

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wood stone @ Massinutten
I know Worldmark is owned buy Wyndham I’m looking At possible resorts so I know what amount of points I should by when I’m looking at Worldmark there properties use a different point system does anyone know the conversion or how that works?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming you are buying resale (and IMO that's the only way to buy): Consider the two systems completely separate. You cannot use resale WM credits to book Wyndham resorts using Club Pass, and you cannot use resale Wyndham points to book WM resorts using Club Pass.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I own wyndham and am even VIP with them. However I still went ahead and purchased ( $0 then I paid the transfer fee) the smallest WM contract I could find. I got a 5K contract. I did it mostly for access to the various Bonus programs they have available (BT, IS, MM). I use the 5K for something harder to book that isn't readily available via Bonus. I purchased in 2022 and have yet to use my real points, but they expire in July this year so I am using them for a booking in July. I have however booked about 8 stays using bonus time only. Bonus time includes Housekeeping and often it is much cheaper than just using points at my contract level.

I also did this as it was far cheaper this way then using my Wyndham points via Club Pass to book WM resorts.

Last edited:

Mixxx008

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wood stone @ Massinutten
Assuming you are buying resale (and IMO that's the only way to buy): Consider the two systems completely separate. You cannot use resale WM credits to book Wyndham resorts using Club Pass, and you cannot use resale Wyndham points to book WM resorts using Club Pass.
So the only way to get access would be buying both that’s kinda dumb

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So the only way to get access would be buying both that’s kinda dumb

It might be cheaper. Cheaper isn't dumb. Club pass costs $99 per booking. Book that via WM and there is not reservation fee is using points, or you pay the Bonus point costs, but with NO additional reservation fee.

Mixxx008

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wood stone @ Massinutten
It might be cheaper. Cheaper isn't dumb. Club pass costs $99 per booking. Book that via WM and there is not reservation fee is using points, or you pay the Bonus point costs, but with NO additional reservation fee.
So is there any time shares where you get good benefits buying on the secondary market or just plan on spending the money and booking through RCI?

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I know Worldmark is owned buy (sic) Wyndham
No, it isn't. Wyndham likes to pretend otherwise and has packed the Board with it's toadies. In fact, Wyndham purchased the management and development contracts for Worldmark. Wyndham and Worldmark are completely different systems.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still went ahead and purchased ( I got a 5K contract. I did it mostly for access to the various Bonus programs they have available (BT, IS, MM). I use the 5K for something harder to book that isn't readily available via Bonus.

Not bad, but the smallest contract always pays the highest MF/PT

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
So is there any time shares where you get good benefits buying on the secondary market or just plan on spending the money and booking through RCI?
Sure there are.

Wyndham is a good one. You get access to all of Wyndham's resorts at a great price.
WorldMark is another. You get access to all of WorldMark's resorts at a great price.

And those are only two of several!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Not bad, but the smallest contract always pays the highest MF/PT

That's true in a lot of cases, but with Worldmark, the 5000 credit contract is a weird outlier than it's cheaper per credit in MF than the 6-8000 one from what I have gathered.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor

They are 2 separate systems, in essentially completely separate parts of the country. And as someone else said, Wyndham doesn't OWN Worldmark, they manage the Worldmark resorts.

Worldmark is mostly West coast and Wyndham is mostly East coast. With some crossover and dual-tennancy locations.

You can't book cross platform using resale points. I'm not sure where the comment about RCI is coming from, but there's legitmate reasons to own both systems. You will learn this the more you research or if you buy one system only.

I'm currently a Wyndham only owner but am about to buy somewhere between 16-20,000 Worldmark credits because I see value in having both. Gives me a lot more flexibility on the West coast, and even though I have (some) retail points and can use club pass, the fact that I have to wait till the 9 month mark (vs 13, or is it 14?) means that I essentially get table scraps at popular resorts at high demand time. I have an occasional need to book Christmas/New Years week and that's difficult in some locations 9 months out. Just like it's also difficult at 10 months with Wyndham deeded. You will find out all this stuff. I'm by no means a Worldmark expert, but I do consider myself a Wyndham power user and know the limitations of what I own.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's true in a lot of cases, but with Worldmark, the 5000 credit contract is a weird outlier than it's cheaper per credit in MF than the 6-8000 one from what I have gathered.

I believe that is true. The 5K is cheaper to own per point than a 6K or 8K. When you finally hit 10K, then that becomes cheaper per point.

Since I use this primarily for Internet Special and ocassionally Monday Madness which includes HK, this if about the same cost of owning over 100K. I happen to live where they are a few WMs that have good availability all year long.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
No, it isn't. Wyndham likes to pretend otherwise and has packed the Board with it's toadies. In fact, Wyndham purchased the management and development contracts for Worldmark. Wyndham and Worldmark are completely different systems.
This is a common misconception - as Wyndham owns WbW or WorldMark by Wyndham - which stands apart from Worldmark, The Club. WbW is both the developer and property manager for the Worldmark, The Club resorts. WbW is a wholly owned subsidiary of Travel & Leisure under the Wyndham Destinations entity.

Mixxx008

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wood stone @ Massinutten
This is a common misconception - as Wyndham owns WbW or WorldMark by Wyndham - which stands apart from Worldmark, The Club. WbW is both the developer and property manager for the Worldmark, The Club resorts. WbW is a wholly owned subsidiary of Travel & Leisure under the Wyndham Destinations entity.

So from that link if I search resorts it shows 255 resorts if I buy Worldmark do I get access to the 255? Or just the ones that say world mark

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy resale, just the ones that say WorldMark.

Same thing for Wyndham: If you buy resale, just the ones that say Club Wyndham.

There are a few oddballs that don't fit these criteria and can sometimes be bookable, but it's safest to just ignore them when making a purchase decision.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or Wyndham owners telling longtime Worldmark owners we don't know what we own.
I am a long time WorldMark member who knows that all I own is a vacation license.

Quibbling over "Ownership" is an insignificant issue. What does matter is, "Who makes the rules in WorldMark?" There is no question the answer to that question is "Wyndham" and not "owners".

NickA13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
This isn't exactly true. We bought an existing Worldmark account last year that was originally purchased in 2019, and we got all of the privileges the previous owners had. TravelShare, ClubPass, etc. We book Wyndham through ClubPass no problem, not to mention RCI.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes I can book WM with my wyndham account However it costs a $49 transaction fee if I do it online, and $99 if I do it over the phone. (same fee if WM books a Club Wyndham resort). But if I book a WM via WM or a Wyndham via WYndham I don't pay that fee if I book the same thing. Same with RCI, no transactions fee if I booked and use points withing Wyndham, but it costs $299 per reservation if I book using inventory found through RCI.

So again yes you can do it, but at an additional cost.

Last edited:

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
This isn't exactly true. We bought an existing Worldmark account last year that was originally purchased in 2019, and we got all of the privileges the previous owners had. TravelShare, ClubPass, etc. We book Wyndham through ClubPass no problem, not to mention RCI.
This is a fluke. Travelshare is not supposed to transfer. Typically, if they do, they disappear within the first month or so. I suspect your transfer happened when they screwed up the website and they screwed up your transfer in your behalf while IT was focused on the debacle they created elsewhere. Use it while you can, but don't expect this to be anything but a unicorn.

NickA13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
This is a fluke. Travelshare is not supposed to transfer. Typically, if they do, they disappear within the first month or so. I suspect your transfer happened when they screwed up the website and they screwed up your transfer in your behalf while IT was focused on the debacle they created elsewhere. Use it while you can, but don't expect this to be anything but a unicorn.
I guess we win then, because we just went through a presentation at Wyndham, and they pulled up our Worldmark ownership, and they think we are the original owners from 20 years ago, and it definitely shows on there that we are Platinum, Travelshare, etc. I honestly think I'd rather not pay for Travelshare, but I guess we are using it, so....

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I guess we win then, because we just went through a presentation at Wyndham, and they pulled up our Worldmark ownership, and they think we are the original owners from 20 years ago, and it definitely shows on there that we are Platinum, Travelshare, etc. I honestly think I'd rather not pay for Travelshare, but I guess we are using it, so....
When did you buy this resale? When we first bought our 46,000 points, I could see a Travelshare account. Didn't know what I was looking at, then a few days later, the Travelshare vanished.

Buying Wyndham through the developer is a big mistake. Don't fall for anything they say. And seriously, bragging to a Wyndham salesperson that you bought resale and have Travelshare is not a good idea, either. Be careful what you say.