• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bringing attention to request for Worldmark subforum

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
BLUF: Worldmark is a substantial TS system, but any WM threads/posts are buried in the Wyndham forum. I see a need and desire for a dedicated WM sub forum within the current Wyndham forum.
:cheer:

The backstory and discussion may be found on this thread:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193818

I've tried emails and/or PMs to various admins but have not gotten any feedback/response.

How can something like this be accomplished? :shrug:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There probably isn't enough volume to justify a separate forum at this time

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
DeniseM: Your poll on TS ownership has WM as the 4th largest system in terms of TUG member ownership (I do not count the independents which each work differently). There seems to be more WM traffic than say Diamond.

If you need volunteers to move Worldmark posts to the sub-forum as they pop-up (and for historical ones as well), I will raise my hand!
:wave:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diamond was mixed with everything else.

geekette

Reaction score
There are a lot of mini-systems mixed in with others; it would be a major ordeal to give every ownership its own forum, especially when those kinds of things exist on other boards already.

I do love that a volunteer has emerged. Another helpful Tugger. Go figure!

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of mini-systems mixed in with others; it would be a major ordeal to give every ownership its own forum, especially when those kinds of things exist on other boards already.

I do love that a volunteer has emerged. Another helpful Tugger. Go figure!

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58560

It's hard to call Worldmark, with 250,000+ members with dozens of resorts a "mini" system. 12% of responding TUGers are WM owners per the ownership poll, which is slightly more than Disney and Diamond combined.

And both Disney and Diamond have either its own forum or sub forum. :ponder:

BTW, It's easy to volunteer when one is motivated! I am all about info sharing and bridging stovepipes and gaps.

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
I understand that WM and Wyndham have very different systems but since they all are run by Wyn, it seems to me that they should be together. I'm most concerned for Newbees which think since they bought from Wyndham that they own a Wyn TS even if it a WM TS.

That said, all people posting on that board should take care to title their questions with WM if it is a WM question.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand that WM and Wyndham have very different systems but since they all are run by Wyn, it seems to me that they should be together. I'm most concerned for Newbees which think since they bought from Wyndham that they own a Wyn TS even if it a WM TS.

That said, all people posting on that board should take care to title their questions with WM if it is a WM question.

TUGBrian - recently on TUG the Shell Resorts have been LUMPED into the Wyndham section.

The real issue is while the CORPORATE OWNER may be labelled as "Wyndham" for all three of these timeshare systems, the resorts (mostly) and POINT systems are not one -- the rules are VERY, VERY different. By having a Shell newbie reading about buying or booking with 154,000 Wyndham points where the average reservation for a week is 2150 points. Or the Worldmark system owners can belong to BOTH RCI and II, while Shell is currently only II and almost all Wyndham points is RCI except for the 5 original II resorts owners still have II accounts. Need I remind everyone of these systems have different HOUSEKEEPING credits or charges or tokens; and let us not forget reservations costs and fees. Or USE YEARS (or the similar) terms each computer system uses - quarterly for some, yearly or monthly. Guest fees? Logon in procedures. 1-800 numbers. Booking exchanges. Borrowing or banking points? Plus, there are 2 systems with HOME RESORTs or is it HOME CLUBS? While the 3rd system, has none ... despite what eBAY forces owners to list.

I truly do not want to label every posts as either Wyndham points rules or Shell points rules or this is Worldmark rules. These are entirely as different as II is from RCI as different as DAE or TPI.

Please setup the different sub forums - the corporate umbrella of Wyndham can't get these 3 timeshare systems into ONE computer system - why is TUG trying to force it all into ONE FORUM?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Bill cannot set up new forums, nor can any Mod - that's a question for TUGBrian.

However, as has been previously stated, there doesn't seem to be enough volume to justify additional forums - but it's not my call. ;)

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill cannot set up new forums, nor can any Mod - that's a question for TUGBrian.

However, as has been previously stated, there doesn't seem to be enough volume to justify additional forums - but it's not my call. ;)

I figured as much. :cool:

I'm not sure of the best way to reach TUGBrian. I already tried a TUG email, but I figure he is a pretty busy guy and can't respond to all emails. Perhaps a PM, but that might get buried as well.

Perhaps one or more of the mods could also reach out to him for me as a back up? ;)

Vacationhopeful's points are also quite valid.

BTW, I am not looking for a full forum for WM (or Shell per Linda's suggestion) commensurate with Disney, Hyatt, Wyndham, etc. I figure WM (and Shell) would be sub-forums UNDER the Wyndham master forum, just as Diamond is a sub-forum of "All Other Timeshare Systems."

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am quite sure that TUG Brian is aware of your request...

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are certain things that remain because they have always been that way,

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we simply dont add forums for every individual system as that would make the TUGBBS ridiculously complex and convoluted.

noone is arguing they arent separate systems...but if we had a forum for every individual timeshare entity...its just not realistic.

ill look into it and see if a subforum is appropriate...but just to be frank...im not going to add one just because a few folks think it should be added if there isnt a legitimate benefit (ie traffic on both) to warrant it.

just going off a quick search, it shows less than 20 posts a month (going back a few months) related to worldmark.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
As I've said before, the best information on Worldmark is at www.wmowners.com. Regardless of whether Brian decides to add a separate forum, you will find more information at that site. Example: By the time this thread came out here on July 5: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195079, the same issue had been discussed and debated in 2 threads starting June 20 and June 28 on wmowners. There are some who frequent both sites, but most of the substantive stuff is posted there.
There are a couple of you who are vehemently against that site because you don't agree with the opinions of some who post there. I don't really understand that, but everybody is free to express their opinion and if you disagree, speak up. The site also leads the charge in trying to get an independent elected to the Board of Directors (something Fred has strongly opposed in the past).

Sue

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
The site also leads the charge in trying to get an independent elected to the Board of Directors (something Fred has strongly opposed in the past).

Sue

This is taking this thread completely off topic and probably belongs elsewhere, but since you brought up the subject -

I don't oppose you trying to get an independent elected, I'm waiting for you state a platform for what you will try to accomplish if you achieve your independent board goal. I have made that request several times, including in my comments about WorldMark politics in the closing post on my Blog in February, 2012 (http://www.wmtsinfo.com/wmwords/).

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
We own Worldmark and have never had a problem with not having a separate forum on TUG. I read at WMownersdotcom and find everything I need there. I really don't need yet another forum to read. Just flip over to the wmowners site when I'm done reading TUG - very simple. And I see the OP is posting there as well.

geekette

Reaction score
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58560

It's hard to call Worldmark, with 250,000+ members with dozens of resorts a "mini" system. 12% of responding TUGers are WM owners per the ownership poll, which is slightly more than Disney and Diamond combined.

And both Disney and Diamond have either its own forum or sub forum. :ponder:

It's hard to call Bluegreen a mini-system, but it is. Not sure that WM is so much larger. Dozens of properties, hundreds of thousands of members. The difference is ??

Not sure where you get your "12% of responding Tuggers", but if it's from a poll, keep in mind that not everyone responds to polls, and possibly all the minis were not there to choose from (if BG gets left out, I can't vote). So that would be, "of those responding to the poll, 12% ..."

Brian calls the shots - if the volume doesn't justify it, the volume doesn't justify it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I've said before, the best information on Worldmark is at www.wmowners.com. Regardless of whether Brian decides to add a separate forum, you will find more information at that site. Example: By the time this thread came out here on July 5: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195079, the same issue had been discussed and debated in 2 threads starting June 20 and June 28 on wmowners. There are some who frequent both sites, but most of the substantive stuff is posted there.
There are a couple of you who are vehemently against that site because you don't agree with the opinions of some who post there. I don't really understand that, but everybody is free to express their opinion and if you disagree, speak up. The site also leads the charge in trying to get an independent elected to the Board of Directors (something Fred has strongly opposed in the past).

Sue

Sue

I dont think there is any question that WMowners provides the good information, and I for one appreciate the historical perspective (ie how can you know where you are going, unless you know where you have been)

Also Fred's site provides good information and its indexed so you can quickly find what you are looking for,

From my perspective the problem with Fred's site is that it doesnt provide opinion. and the problem with WMowners is that opinion provided is the opinion of the "old guard" . There doesnt seem to be room for anything new.

Maybe its just me, but anything Ive ever said there (opinion wise) has been shouted down. An interesting example is my post this morning regarding the Avenue Plaza Resort (a place that I know well) A member of the old guard found it necessary to post that one fact I posted was "odd" thereby calling into question all my facts (I may be odd but the facts are the facts)

Its for this reason; the stale nature of WMowners opinion, and the knee jerk response that anything someone new might say, must be wrong, that I think another place to go for opinion is desirable.

by the way, here is one of the private messages I received from a WMowners member regarding one of my comments that might help you understand my attitude. and i quote

"{** Censored **} YOU"

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Wow, lovely people ...

by the way, here is one of the private messages I received from a WMowners member regarding one of my comments that might help you understand my attitude. and i quote

"{** Censored **} YOU"

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are welcome

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Sue

Also Fred's site provides good information and its indexed so you can quickly find what you are looking for,

My reference to Fred's lack of credibility has nothing to do with his site. Rather, he lost me with his over the top campaign against Phillip Abdouch (PA) when he ran for the Board many years ago. Fred's assertion was that PA should be disqualified because he rented out some of his reservations i.e. he saw that as a conflict of interest. At the same time, he saw nothing wrong with Wyndham employees serving on the Board that oversees the work Wyndham does; pretty much the definition of conflict of interest. The whole thing was so ridiculous that I ignored anything he has said since.

Fred, if you have a question about a candidacy; ask that candidate. Posting a question on a blog and expecting others to even know about it, much less read it, isn't reasonable.

As you said, this is off topic and my last post on the issue.

Sue

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
we simply dont add forums for every individual system as that would make the TUGBBS ridiculously complex and convoluted.

noone is arguing they arent separate systems...but if we had a forum for every individual timeshare entity...its just not realistic.

ill look into it and see if a subforum is appropriate...but just to be frank...im not going to add one just because a few folks think it should be added if there isnt a legitimate benefit (ie traffic on both) to warrant it.

just going off a quick search, it shows less than 20 posts a month (going back a few months) related to worldmark.

If traffic is a primary determinant of sub-forums, then we should get rid of all the Exchanging sub-forums.

True, but there are also a number of Disney forums, however we do have one here that people frequent.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If traffic is a primary determinant of sub-forums, then we should get rid of all the Exchanging sub-forums.

The exchanging sub-forums are not standard forums - they are "ask the exchange company Rep." forums, and are actually moderated by company Reps., so you are comparing apples to oranges.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
along those lines...if you get a worldmark official presence willing to participate here, ill give you any forum you like =)