• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bringing attention to request for Worldmark subforum

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sue

Its for this reason; the stale nature of WMowners opinion, and the knee jerk response that anything someone new might say, must be wrong, that I think another place to go for opinion is desirable.

Fred, if you have a question about a candidacy; ask that candidate. Posting a question on a blog and expecting others to even know about it, much less read it, isn't reasonable.

Sue

Posting a comment contrary to wmowners mantra anywhere gets treated as Ron pointed out. When WorldMark comments or questions are posted here, more often than not the response is "check out wmowners for that info". It seems like there is a reluctance to post on any controversial or even run of the mill WorldMark subjects here where contrary opinions might be offered. Could that be the reason a WorldMark sub-forum is not wanted here by some of you? You don't want contrary opinions appearing where you have no control?

Even though you claim "The whole thing was so ridiculous that I ignored anything he has said since" you still reply when I post something . It's obvious you didn't read what I posted on my blog, but you chose to reply anyway. I didn't mention any candidate in the post I referenced, I made a request for information from wmowners. Not information about any individual candidate, information about the overall objective. That request still stands as it has for quite a few years now.

You may not have known about or read my comments on my blog about WorldMark politics, but others certainly did. :wave:

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
along those lines...if you get a worldmark official presence willing to participate here, ill give you any forum you like =)
Would be interesting to know exactly what the qualifier(s) would be for a "Worldmark Official presence" :confused:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
The exchanging sub-forums are not standard forums - they are "ask the exchange company Rep." forums, and are actually moderated by company Reps., so you are comparing apples to oranges.

Fair point. How about the following subforums. Is this apples to apples, and what would be the rationale that they make more sense than Worldmark?

• Ratings of Timeshare Related Businesses
  • Non-traditional Interval Ownership

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Fair point. How about the following subforums. Is this apples to apples, and what would be the rationale that they make more sense than Worldmark?

• Ratings of Timeshare Related Businesses
  • Non-traditional Interval Ownership

Ratings serves a specific function - it's also not a standard forum, it clearly does not fit in any existing forum.

We don't want non-traditional posts mixed in with other threads, because there is no good fit for them in another forum.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ratings serves a specific function - it's also not a standard forum, it clearly does not fit in any existing forum.

We don't want non-traditional posts mixed in with other threads, because there is no good fit for them in another forum.

Ok I guess. An equally compelling rationale then can be applied to a Worldmark sub-forum:

"We don't want Worldmark posts mixed in with other Wyndham threads, because other than being owned by Wyndham, it is a completely distinct system. And because Wyndham's system is so overwhelmingly large, it crowds out threads from its other systems (Shell and Worldmark)."

There we go, how about a sub-folder for All Other Wyndham-Owned Systems or Worldmark and Shell Systems? I think we have a solution.

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the TUG poll of system ownership, http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58560, WorldMark places fourth among the named resorts with 12.21% of the votes. It ranks behind Marriott (20.95%), Wyndham (16.28%), and Starwood (13.15%), all of which have their own forums. Following WorldMark in the poll are Hilton (6.96%) and Disney (6.28%) which also have their own forums, and Diamond/Sunterra (5.51%) which has a sub-forum.

Having a forum or sub-forum for systems that show less than half of the ownership of WorldMark among forum participants would make it seem that there are sufficient members to support a WorldMark forum or sub-forum. With its own dedicated area I suspect that the volume of posts concerning WorldMark would increase. As it stands now and has been pointed out, WorldMark topics are often buried in the Wyndham forum and missed.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Fred - before the other groups got their own forums, their volume of posts increased FIRST.

For instance, Starwood was mixed in with the "All Other" forum, but the volume of posts about Starwood grew so large, that we earned our own forum...

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fred - before the other groups got their own forums, their volume of posts increased FIRST.

For instance, Starwood was mixed in with the "All Other" forum, but the volume of posts about Starwood grew so large, that we earned our own forum...

So the obvious solution is that we need to start flooding the Wydham forum with WorldMark posts. Then we will get our own forum? :D

I rest my case. It is not my forum to change, only to make suggestions. If a separate WorldMark area is created I will post there. If not I will mark my posts and replies in the Wyndham area with WorldMark in the title as appropriate.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score

You mean the other sub-forums that you and I debated all saw their volume increase first? You listed other reasons for them being separate.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beefnot - I have been very clear about the rationale for adding forums - take it or leave it. ;)

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not at all trying to be argumentative or cynical or contrarian. I do believe at least one sub-forum under Wyndham for Worldmark or Worldmark & Shell or something like that, makes sense. Whether there are 20 posts a month or 100 posts a month. I also do suspect that the volume of posts in said forum would increase.

Side Question: TUGBrian, any plans to look at those stickies in the Sightings forum and perhaps unstick a couple or three of them (the ollllddd, staaaale, and/or redundant ones). And maybe while you're at it, take some of us to Sightings & Distressed nirvana by stickifying the XYZ thread?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beefnot - I have been very clear about the rationale for adding forums - take it or leave it. ;)

Spicy lady. Let's kiss and make up. Although just not sure which pair of lips...the ones on your left or right side of your neck...:eek:

I kid, I kid Denise. It's all love :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beefnot - I'm not upset with you (thus the wink.) I'm just dishing it back to you! :D

rleigh

Reaction score
Wow, lovely people ...

I could try to explain it, but I'll just keep it simple:

Before anyone judges and lumps together all those "lovely people," please know that you are only getting one sliver of one side of one of many complex ongoing situations and issues that go way back.

And if anyone is now scared off from the site, know that you don't have to click on the political stuff if you don't want to. It's chock-full of interesting and helpful people and info all about WM.

As for the political stuff, yes there is a group who have tried for years to accomplish making their club---our club---better and more fair for everyone. They are only trying to do what is right. Again, it involves a multitude of issues, some complex, that go way back.

As for Co. Fred, I'd like to believe the reason he doesn't support it is because he genuinely wants more info, but there have been times it appears he is actively working against wmowners, which is the part I don't understand. :shrug:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would also vote for a sub-forum for Shell and WM. I am not a Wyndham owner, but have considered looking at both programs. I won't bother to wade through the Wyndham forum to pull out threads. I have tried some searches and gave up after a slight effort.

I would agree with others that while volume may not support it now, I would expect to see an uptick in volume once the systems are segregated in their own sub-forums making it easier to sort things out.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Side Question: TUGBrian, any plans to look at those stickies in the Sightings forum and perhaps unstick a couple or three of them (the ollllddd, staaaale, and/or redundant ones). And maybe while you're at it, take some of us to Sightings & Distressed nirvana by stickifying the XYZ thread?

The problem in the Sightings forum is that TUGBrian is the "official" moderator. It seems that other moderators don't want to or can't take ownership of the forum. It seems that Brian only comes in to the forums in cases like this thread and isn't an active moderator on a regular basis. Busy with the day to day running of TUG. I too would like to see the stickies in the Sightings forum cleaned up, but doubt it will come any time soon...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i already cleaned up the stickies in that forum...did it a few minutes after the request was posted.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could try to explain it, but I'll just keep it simple:

Before anyone judges and lumps together all those "lovely people," please know that you are only getting one sliver of one side of one of many complex ongoing situations and issues that go way back.

And if anyone is now scared off from the site, know that you don't have to click on the political stuff if you don't want to. It's chock-full of interesting and helpful people and info all about WM.

As for the political stuff, yes there is a group who have tried for years to accomplish making their club---our club---better and more fair for everyone. They are only trying to do what is right. Again, it involves a multitude of issues, some complex, that go way back.

As for Co. Fred, I'd like to believe the reason he doesn't support it is because he genuinely wants more info, but there have been times it appears he is actively working against wmowners, which is the part I don't understand. :shrug:

Im sure what you say is true. These issues are complex, but they have also gotten personal for a lot of the folks there. They just cant abide a different opinion. They will even make up their own facts to support their positions.

I not scared off the site, but I have been asked not to post anything there that has to do with rentals, not because rentals are not allowed in the Worldmark system, but because WMowners doesnt approve of it. One guy even said as much as he is against rentals, and he knows its going on, he just doesnt want to hear about it. Ive always thought you should know your enemy, (keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer) They seem to take the attitude that if you just pretend its not there it doesnt exist

images

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the ones who PROTEST the loudest, are the ones the MOST GUILTY of that transgression. ;)

I don't own Worldmark and have almost no interest in those properties. But most of 11 of the newer resorts now have some CWP/CWA inventory under their roofs (and some prior JOINT resorts - Daytona Ocean Walk & NOLA's Avenue Plaza) and I am sure, somehow, many of those units be rented out - either by Wyndham Clubs Plus/Access by applying the "60 day out rule" or by enterprising Mega-owners using their ownership.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the ones who PROTEST the loudest, are the ones the MOST GUILTY of that transgression. ;)

I don't own Worldmark and have almost no interest in those properties. But most of those resorts now have some CWP/CWA inventory under their roofs and I am sure, somehow, many of those units be rented out - either by Wyndham Clubs Plus/Access by applying the "60 day out rule" or by enterprising Mega-owners using their ownership.

Not most, Linda, only 11

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

I don't own Worldmark and have almost no interest in those properties. But most of those resorts now have some CWP/CWA inventory under their roofs and I am sure, somehow, many of those units be rented out - either by Wyndham Clubs Plus/Access by applying the "60 day out rule" or by enterprising Mega-owners using their ownership.

Not most, Linda, only 11 new ones plus the couple is others that have been shared resorts for a while(avenue plaza and Daytona are two)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
i already cleaned up the stickies in that forum...did it a few minutes after the request was posted.

Whoa, thanks. Guess I should have checked first before shootin my mouth off :eek:

What are the chances of getting the XYZ thread promoted to Sticydum? It is by far the most read and replied to thread in the Sightings forum.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whoa, thanks. Guess I should have checked first before shootin my mouth off :eek:

What are the chances of getting the XYZ thread promoted to Sticydum? It is by far the most read and replied to thread in the Sightings forum.

If they have that RCI sticky up there, would be great to see the II XYZ thread too, no?

And about that Worldmark and Shell sub-forum...

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If they have that RCI sticky up there, would be great to see the II XYZ thread too, no?

Whoa, ask and thou shalt receive!!!

Not sure if this happened before I mentioned it in the Subscribe for Forum thread in the Sightings forum.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Woop woop :)