• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners and Friends

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Heading to OP on Saturday. Anyone else going to be there next week?

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
Safe travel. Enjoy your stay.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s beautiful here at OP. The ocean is like blue glass.

It’s our 49th anniversary today. We’re planning to go to a country club that’s open to the public for dinner and fireworks. Hopefully they’ll have some chairs for us to use.

We got chairs on the beach. Found out Oceanside has a 20 times deal that’s good for 2 years which comes out to $25 a day. That works for us.

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
Happy Anniversary. Enjoy your dinner, the fireworks and the rest of your Ocean Pointe stay. Oceanside didn't offer that price in March. Maybe they do it when it isn't prime season there!

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had dinner snd fireworks at the North Palm Beach Country Club. It’s owned by the county and open to the public. Dinner was excellent at their Farm Table restaurant. Lots of live music. Very good fireworks display. Plenty of room for everyone to set up on lawn.

CRIDD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
St. Kitts
Surf Watch
Ocean Pointe
What’s a good golf course to play close to OP?

billhall

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
we've booked a week next year in studios. Does Ocean Pointe have any laundry rooms or just the in room i.e. >= 1 bedroom?

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
The studio unit does not have a washer/dryer in the unit. Each building has several washers/dryers on the ground floor to use at no cost. The 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units have the washer/dryer in the units.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Free laundry behind the elevators in each building at the garage level.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not a golfer but have you looked at the North Palm Beach Country Club?
I played there some years ago after it had just reopened after their big overhaul. Jack Nicklaus donated his design group. It was so new there was some confusion on the course as tee markers were not in, the maps were not great and people were trying to figure out what hole was next. Was a nice course and I recall the greens had some serious elevation changes.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The ice machines are also in the laundry room, which in most buildings is behind the elevators on the ground floor. We love the property and often stay in a studio, so the ice machine trip is at least daily ...

captrags

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Ocean Point, the rentals at the beach for Chairs and Umbrella are pretty expensive. Was told up the street at Ocean Palms there free. Is this correct?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
At Ocean Point, the rentals at the beach for Chairs and Umbrella are pretty expensive. Was told up the street at Ocean Palms there free. Is this correct?
Only chairs are free at Oceana Palms. $20 for an umbrella. This is because there is no beach vendor at Oceana Palms. The chairs and umbrellas are owned by the resort.

byrne2310

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe, Palm Beach Shores, Florida
Marriott Custom House, Boston, Mass
Disney Bay Lake Towers, Disneyworld, Orlando, Florida
This is my first time logging into the group since the old Yahoo system disappeared. It is good to see some names from those days.
:cool:
We will be returning to Ocean Point for two weeks in two-bedroom units in March 2024. However, we have a one-night gap between the weeks (March 23rd to be specific) that I was unable to fill with anything other than a lock off room. I would prefer a two bedroom if possible. Does anyone know a way to accomplish that via a rental, trade, etc.?

Thanks

Jim and Ginny Byrne

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is the night available to book with points? You could rent some points from another owner.

byrne2310

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe, Palm Beach Shores, Florida
Marriott Custom House, Boston, Mass
Disney Bay Lake Towers, Disneyworld, Orlando, Florida
I have the points, just no availability at this moment.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
There's nothing available on marriott.com either.

You might want to call the resort and explain your issue. It'll take some doing to get through all of the bots but you might be able to secure something because you are actually preventing "breakage" and incurring less housekeeping costs by connecting your reservations.

Vacation fun

Reaction score
If you can’t find anything may I recommend Marriotts Residents in at Palm Beach Gardens
We have stayed their and it is a very nice Marriott Residents in
Also you could check points availability at Oceana Palms

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can’t find anything may I recommend Marriotts Residents in at Palm Beach Gardens
We have stayed their and it is a very nice Marriott Residents in
Also you could check points availability at Oceana Palms

I think you are referring to "Marriott's Residence Inn" off of PGA Boulevard in Palm Beach Gardens. Very convenient to I-95.

A closer location (also more expensive) may be the Marriott Resort on Singer Island, or Marriott's Oceana Palms.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe, FL; Marriott Surf Club, Aruba
Thanks for keeping this Timeshare User Group active.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you are referring to "Marriott's Residence Inn" off of PGA Boulevard in Palm Beach Gardens. Very convenient to I-95.

A closer location (also more expensive) may be the Marriott Resort on Singer Island, or Marriott's Oceana Palms.

I'm actually staying at this hotel between my Crystal Shores and Oceana Palms stays. I could only get a Sunday check-in at OP and check out of CS on Saturday. I will need a refrigerator for the leftover food and Residence Inns have full kitchens. This hotel had good reviews and requires a reasonable amount of Bonvoy points.