• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners and Friends

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
Hopefully we will be arriving at Ocean Pointe early March as hubby had freak accident before Xmas. Not sure if we will need a wheelchair or knee scooter but if anyone has had experience renting them while staying there please share the information. Bringing a seated walker with us on plane. And if anyone has the name of a driver who would bring us from airport to resort that would be helpful. I need someone to handle the luggage as hubby will be in airport wheelchair. Not sure if Uber or Lyft would work.
In past years I have seen many folks around the resort in walkers or wheelchair. So maybe someone has had a positive experience.
Thanks

Vacation1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we will be arriving at Ocean Pointe early March as hubby had freak accident before Xmas. Not sure if we will need a wheelchair or knee scooter but if anyone has had experience renting them while staying there please share the information. Bringing a seated walker with us on plane. And if anyone has the name of a driver who would bring us from airport to resort that would be helpful. I need someone to handle the luggage as hubby will be in airport wheelchair. Not sure if Uber or Lyft would work.
In past years I have seen many folks around the resort in walkers or wheelchair. So maybe someone has had a positive experience.
Thanks
Over ten years ago we were in a similar situation and needed to rent a bath chair, etc. We called the front desk (or concierge) explained our situation and they provided us with a company to rent prduct from. It was delivered to Ocean Pointe a day before we got there and we picked it up upon check-in. We coordinated everything through Ocean Pointe. Hope this helps. I don't remember the name of the company we used - if I come across it I will let you know.

Jackie O

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Point, Beach Place Towers, Royal Palm, Palm Desert, points
Alejandro transportation 561-452-4762
A new young employee named Saul helped us unload the other day.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Pointe Pompano Building full renovations are due to be done later this year in the September thru November 2024 time frame. Besides the normal 10 year renovation cycle it is my belief that they will be replacing all the Hurricane glass and sliding glass door in each of the Pompano Villas.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So is Pompano the only building of the core 4 that has not been renovated? We go in a few months.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Next time you’re at Ocean Pointe, especially if you’re there in the winter, you might consider making the short drive over to Manatee Lagoon and Discovery Center. Pack a lunch. Learn about the eco system and if you’re there during manatee season, you’ll probably see a few manatee’s hanging out in the warm water from the power plants outflow.
I made a short video if you want to see what it’s like before going.

ReinoMOP

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Are the high fees this year for the Kingfish renovation? And will they drop or stay this high?

MIbeachgal

Reaction score
Are the high fees this year for the Kingfish renovation? And will they drop or stay this high?
We just came from there last week. Andy Mitchell (area GM) said to expect increases of 6-9% each of the next two years before hopefully leveling off.

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
We just came from there last week. Andy Mitchell (area GM) said to expect increases of 6-9% each of the next two years before hopefully leveling off.
Did he say how that increase will be used? New equipment, better eating facilities, improved parking, etc.? We'll be there in early March. Hoping to get more details then.

MIbeachgal

Reaction score
Did he say how that increase will be used? New equipment, better eating facilities, improved parking, etc.? We'll be there in early March. Hoping to get more details then.
My understanding is that it mostly has to do with the new FL state law regarding fully funded reserves (after that condo collapsed in Miami a few years ago).

What is the new condo law in Florida 2024?
Under previous law, Florida condo associations could vote to waive their reserve contributions. That is no longer the case. As of December 31, 2024, associations may no longer waive their reserve contributions.

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
My understanding is that it mostly has to do with the new FL state law regarding fully funded reserves (after that condo collapsed in Miami a few years ago).

What is the new condo law in Florida 2024?
Under previous law, Florida condo associations could vote to waive their reserve contributions. That is no longer the case. As of December 31, 2024, associations may no longer waive their reserve contributions.
Thanks for the thorough explanation. We knew the fees went up this year because the vote was to fully fund the reserves. I didn't know it would continue from here on out. Time to plan to pay more or sell.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I still don't think they are at fully funded reserves. The vote to not be able to waive fully funded reserves only applies to structural items. That said, it will likely cause continued increases for 2025.

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
I still don't think they are at fully funded reserves. The vote to not be able to waive fully funded reserves only applies to structural items. That said, it will likely cause continued increases for 2025.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to get more info when we get there in 2 weeks.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the doubling of reserve fee is supposedly due to the new Florida law, why aren't the reserve costs doubling at all other Florida timeshares, including Hilton and Disney? Having experienced Andy Miller's excessive spending for cosmetic 'improvements' at Oceana Palms when he was there, I wouldn't be surprised if reserves were used to pay for pet projects. Ocean Pointe costs are out of control and it is obvious that Andy isn't concerned about trying to cut in some areas in order to keep it affordable to owners. Activities MF's went up significantly this year, and this is definitely a discretionary expense.

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
What portion of MF from destination points goes to Ocean Pointe or is all the funding coming from the weeks owners MF?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What portion of MF from destination points goes to Ocean Pointe or is all the funding coming from the weeks owners MF?
All funding comes from weeks based owners. The points trust however is also an owner of weeks.

As of March 2022
Three thousand five hundred ninety-eight (3,598) individual timeshare interests (which is the equivalent of 69.19 units (52 timeshare interests per unit)) contained in multiple units throughout Component 25 have been committed to the Trust Plan.

MIbeachgal

Reaction score
If the doubling of reserve fee is supposedly due to the new Florida law, why aren't the reserve costs doubling at all other Florida timeshares, including Hilton and Disney? Having experienced Andy Miller's excessive spending for cosmetic 'improvements' at Oceana Palms when he was there, I wouldn't be surprised if reserves were used to pay for pet projects. Ocean Pointe costs are out of control and it is obvious that Andy isn't concerned about trying to cut in some areas in order to keep it affordable to owners. Activities MF's went up significantly this year, and this is definitely a discretionary expense.
Laws are always being amended, but I recall hearing the fully funded reserve law applied to structures within three miles of the coastline.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Laws are always being amended, but I recall hearing the fully funded reserve law applied to structures within three miles of the coastline.
It applies to all Florida condos. The three miles is in relation to when they have to do an inspection.

Avulasai

Reaction score
Hello owners , we recently purchased 3bedroom platinum ocean front week directly from Marriott in a hybrid with points purchase included. We typically visit Marriott ocean watch in Myrtle beach and still love it . But this year we want to start coming to ocean pointe on palm beach as well. Is the beach a good place to surf and swim for beginners?

ReinoMOP

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Hello owners , we recently purchased 3bedroom platinum ocean front week directly from Marriott in a hybrid with points purchase included. We typically visit Marriott ocean watch in Myrtle beach and still love it . But this year we want to start coming to ocean pointe on palm beach as well. Is the beach a good place to surf and swim for beginners?
I would say no. Waves are usually pretty rough coming in to shore

ReinoMOP

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Thank you. What are the some of the recommendations for people who vacation at this location/ property ?
Viisit the concierge in the lobby. He knows everything and everyone and can hook you up with restaurants and water sports