• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Most Boring Tourist Attractions in the World

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Article describes their methodology as:

"We analyzed 66.7 million Google reviews of 3,290 popular tourist attractions worldwide, spanning 384 cities across 71 countries, focusing on 11 keywords indicative of tiresome, lifeless, and downright boring impressions.

We ranked the attractions by the frequency with which tourists mentioned boredom-related keywords, comparing the mentions to the total reviews for each spot."

Which is more suspect, this methodology or Google reviews?

Is this a preview of AI generated 'information' ?
This isn't a preview at all. This is a typical analysis in my line of work.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Article describes their methodology as:

"We analyzed 66.7 million Google reviews of 3,290 popular tourist attractions worldwide, spanning 384 cities across 71 countries, focusing on 11 keywords indicative of tiresome, lifeless, and downright boring impressions.

We ranked the attractions by the frequency with which tourists mentioned boredom-related keywords, comparing the mentions to the total reviews for each spot."

Which is more suspect, this methodology or Google reviews?

Is this a preview of AI generated 'information' ?

I think you are right about AI generated. Any human would be bored to death making the worlds most boring attractions list, imo.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This isn't a preview at all. This is a typical analysis in my line of work.

So you are creating the data or generating the data ? Maybe both ?

Bill

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I scanned the whole list for the Mitchell Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD. To me it belongs at #1.
And Wall Drug, speaking of SD. Good gawd. Even all the billboards advertising it are more interesting.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
My vote is The Little Mermaid in the Copenhagen harbor. Man, this thing is TINY! I have seen bigger sculptures in people's living rooms.
Reminds me of another one in Europe. Mannekin Pis in Brussels.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you are creating the data or generating the data ? Maybe both ?

Bill
There are entire companies that do this kind of research. They buy data from Google and look for patterns. Or analyze keywords / key phrases.

Brett

Reaction score
The Ava Gardner Museum in North Carolina should probably be on the list. I've never been there but I see signs for it on I95

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been to a bunch of these:

The Hershey Story Museum
Phillip & Patricia Frost Museum of Science
Miami Seaquarium
Skull Island: Reign of Kong
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Tenement Museum
Liberty Science Center
World of Coca-Cola
Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show

These are all NOT boring. I would say that with exception of Pirate Voyage and Tenement Museum, that these attractions were GREAT! Pricey - Yes. Tourist Trapish - Mostly. Shorter than you want for the price paid - YES. But certainly very enjoyable and lots of fun.

Tenement Museum is very interesting - it depends on if you want to learn about the history of Jews when they first came to America in the late 1800s/early 1900s. However, not fun like the other attractions.

Pirates Voyage - Personally I thought it was very cheesy - worst stunt fighting ever. However, dinner was good for this type of attraction. Kids will love it. So - I guess it depends on who is going.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
We drive by Meow Wolf often on our way to see grandkids. Don't even know what it is, so being on the list, kind of surprising because I am a Denverite and have no clue what you see there.

We liked The Salem Witch Museum.
All my kids talk about is going to Meow Wolf Area 51 in Vegas to go to Omega Mart. Was on list multiple times. I think they might be planning a trip there.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I generally am bored in most museums. I did like the Museum of Natural History in NY.

I also don’t get excited looking at most statues either.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Meteor Crater in Arizona (how interesting can a hole in the ground be, if it's not spouting lava)?
I always thought it was amazing that they put the crater so close to that museum building. ;D

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I know this is a clickbait list, intended for people to agree or disagree, and no doubt to generate interest in seeing some of these places. And I wonder who provided the review information they tallied. But since they asked, here's my take of four of the places I've personally been to:

Not sure I agree with Area 15 in Las Vegas being boring. We saw the Immersive Van Gogh exhibit there, and it was pretty cool. Not boring, to me. The rest of the place is gift shops and restaurants and hang out space for teenagers. What's not to like there?

The Pacific Science Center in Seattle is certainly not boring - if you're a kid. Same with the International Spy Museum in Washington, DC. Perfect place for kids. Adults in either place may think otherwise - but they weren't designed for adults.

And come on, the Winchester Mystery House is anything but boring. Sarah Winchester was a brilliant, really troubled woman, who had way more money than sense. The house she had built is fascinating. About the only way that place would be boring is if you ARE a kid.

How does the old line go? "Don't miss it, if you can." :D

Dave

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How does the old line go? "Don't miss it, if you can." :D

Dave

Hey Dave, did you ever make it over to Kurt Cobain Under the Bridge Memorial in Aberdeen ? This would be a "don't miss it unless you can".

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hey Dave, did you ever make it over to Kurt Cobain Under the Bridge Memorial in Aberdeen ? This would be a "don't miss it unless you can".

Bill

Never did. I'll add it to the "Heck, I don't know, what do YOU want to do today?" list. :D

Dave

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
One of the best museums we’ve ever been to would have been on my list of “no way/ no interest/must be boring”. I had to pee so we pulled off the freeway in Maryland and stopped at the Duck Decoy Museum that we’d been seeing advertised on billboards. We were there long enough I had to pee again. Excellent museum about stuff I had no interest in!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
And Wall Drug, speaking of SD. Good gawd. Even all the billboards advertising it are more interesting.

Thanks for the reminder. I haven't been to Wall Drug since the 70s. Has it gotten any less tacky?

Dave

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Meteor Crater in Arizona (how interesting can a hole in the ground be, if it's not spouting lava)?

When my wife and I drove across the country moving from Key West to Las Vegas, we stopped at meteor crater.

I shot a picture of a donkey in Roswell, NM. I shot another picture of Meteor Crater. I grabbed a sharpie. I mailed the pictures to my last employer. (the one who ran their company into the ground.) "This is an ass. This is a hole in the ground. Learn the difference."

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. I haven't been to Wall Drug since the 70s. Has it gotten any less tacky?

Dave
It's been almost that long for me, too. Overall it's probably about the same, with the only difference being in the tacky stuff they sell now compared to the tacky stuff back then. But I'll have to let others judge how it is now.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It's been almost that long for me, too. Overall it's probably about the same, with the only difference being in the tacky stuff they sell now compared to the tacky stuff back then. But I'll have to let others judge how it is now.

The last time we were in Rapid City, we discussed whether we wanted to drive out to Wall to visit the town. We decided not to. I guess that kind of says a lot. :D

Dave

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to put this out there as another possible attraction for anyone looking for adventure and excitement. :D

Where Three States Meet

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I'm just going to put this out there as another possible attraction for anyone looking for adventure and excitement. :D

Where Three States Meet
Lol, I follow his channel, and just watched this video last night....

Pretty sure my wife would not be happy if I planned a trip around this destination...

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lol, I follow his channel, and just watched this video last night....
I watch a lot of his videos, too. I might be wrong, but I think he actually lives in my county, just conjecture based on the number of videos he posts of places in and around our region.