• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Port-O-Potties at WKORV-N

E

EducatedConsumer

Has Starwood imposed a "fee for service" cost recovery strategy for the "temporary enjoyment" of these facilities?

Perhaps you could offer more luxurious accommodations for a slightly highrer fee in your villa (to defray maintenance fees) and compete with Starwood.

There's a General Manager somewhere who should be held accountable for this.

Personally, I'd send the photos to the President of Starwood (hotel company, not timeshare division), with a copy of the letter and photos to Travel and Leisure and Conde Nast. I'd then count to sixty and wait for a response from Starwood's PR person....."these are temporary structures for service personell that were depolyed to the wrong location."

Are these facilities part of the timeshare tour?

Last edited by a moderator:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
OMG. I leave y'all for six months or so and come back to these fantastic pictures from Nodge and pages upon pages of threads about how Starwood and II have hijacked the trade value of various deeded weeks.

Allow me to be the first person to say, "Welcome Back, Rocky!"

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
OMG. I leave y'all for six months or so and come back to these fantastic pictures from Nodge and pages upon pages of threads about how Starwood and II have hijacked the trade value of various deeded weeks. Remember the good old days when all there was to complain about was Starpoint devaluation?????

Remember the good old days Denise -- back in 2003 or so -- when we actually defended Starwood from the all the "don't buy from the developer" haters on TUG?????

Go ahead Rocky - rub salt in the wound! :rofl:

Actually - great to "see you!" I miss your sharp wit and common sense around here! :hi:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Folks - lets talk about the porta-potties and not other posters.

If this thread upsets you - quit reading it! :doh:

Last edited:

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't care why it's there - unless it's an emergency situation, I don't think it's appropriate to use out houses at a luxury resort on a regular basis.

This pretty much sums up my feelings. They either need to provide the appropriate bathroom facilities or stop hosting events which require facilities beyond what the resort can provide.

This is about more than someone's oceanfront view. Port-o-potties have a negative impact on the resort ambiance which is an issue for all owners and guests.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
DeniseM, ... All the discussion is about port-o-potties. I'd like to know what is meant when the port-o-potties are described as "semi-permanent." The "port" in port-o-potties seems to indicate they would not be permanent at all. Permanent potties are the ones in my bathrooms. What's in between permanent and not permanent?

I didn't use the term initially. The OP did when he started this thread about the port-o-potties.

Are they only put near the walled area during the 7 hours a week when the "hippie" craft fair is going on (minor bad judgment given that people attending the fair obviously should "hold it" or go behind the bushes)? Are they left there all week (major outrage)? Perhaps someone who is at WKORV-N or has been there recently and has seen the dastardly port-o-potties that are causing the outrage and can explain what "semi-permanent" means. Maybe they are like Igor's hump in Young Frankenstein - moving from place to place from day to day. Building eight on Friday; seven on Saturday, Reception on Sunday, etc., etc., etc. ... eom

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Personally, I don't think moving them around or moving them in and out makes it any better. I don't think outhouses have any place at a luxury resort, unless it is an emergency situation, so I don't think they should be there at all!

My point is that we need to attack the issues and not the reporting party. Let's stay on topic, please.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Well, I'm here now and will take a look at the area today. Either way, I know that the area reserved for this craft fair is quite close to the WKORV-N ocean side restaurant, which happens to have permanent facilities. It's at most a one minute walk from the fair. I suspect they installed the temporary facilities for the craft staff, and not visitors, out of some sense of keeping the staff separated from guests using the permanent structure. Of course, this doesn't make sense to me, but it's the only semi-rational explanation I can think of at this point.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ken - That is semi-rational, but the resort is semi-isolated, so is there really a need for semi-permanent facilities for semi-guests? I have a semi-hard time believing that people actually drive to the resort to attend a semi-small crafts fair, so it doesn't seem like they would be over run with people who need to go. :D

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ken - That is semi-rational, but the resort is semi-isolated, so is there really a need for semi-permanent facilities for semi-guests? I have a semi-hard time believing that people actually drive to the resort to attend a semi-small crafts fair, so it doesn't seem like they would be over run with people who need to go. :D

Yes, exactly. But my semi-point was to make it semi-clear that the semi-staff at the craft fair need a place for themselves, and since they're there from ~8am (to setup and start at 9am) until 5pm (it closes at 4pm) I suspect they need a place during those times. Even so, I'd say there's nothing wrong with them using the permanent facilities next to the restaurant...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree Ken - and if they don't want extra traffic in the restaurant, they could be directed to use the lobby restroom or some other facility.

RLOGO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think moving them around or moving them in and out makes it any better. I don't think outhouses have any place at a luxury resort, unless it is an emergency situation, so I don't think they should be there at all!

There should be inconspicuously placed utilitarian areas to house these sorts of necessities (if they are), mechanical equipment and the like. It is obvious that Starwood cares about the grounds and the overall appearance of their resorts. This to me looks like bad judgment by the individual (s) who placed them there.

Last edited:

thheath

TUG Member
Reaction score
DeniseM, ... All the discussion is about port-o-potties. I'd like to know what is meant when the port-o-potties are described as "semi-permanent." The "port" in port-o-potties seems to indicate they would not be permanent at all. Permanent potties are the ones in my bathrooms. What's in between permanent and not permanent?

I didn't use the term initially. The OP did when he started this thread about the port-o-potties.

Are they only put near the walled area during the 7 hours a week when the "hippie" craft fair is going on (minor bad judgment given that people attending the fair obviously should "hold it" or go behind the bushes)? Are they left there all week (major outrage)? Perhaps someone who is at WKORV-N or has been there recently and has seen the dastardly port-o-potties that are causing the outrage and can explain what "semi-permanent" means. Maybe they are like Igor's hump in Young Frankenstein - moving from place to place from day to day. Building eight on Friday; seven on Saturday, Reception on Sunday, etc., etc., etc. ... eom

You're giving me a semi-permanent headache...

Sorry Denise, I couldn't help myself.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Poor Nodge .First the dumpster now port-a potties .What could possibly be next? A raw sewerage plant?:rolleyes:

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the semi-laughs guys! I needed them on this otherwise dreary day. :)

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
I laughed out loud over both of those pictures. Great job!

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm no longer semi-laughing ... I'm spitting my diet coke on the computer. :D

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Well, I just walked the entire front length of WKORV-N (twice, to and from the South property) and didn't see any semi-permanent location for such facilities. I took some pictures, and will look again on Friday (during the fair) for more. Maybe this was a one-time thing, after all.

Beautiful weather, though! :)

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
With no fee extra bathrooms

So here’s a law school hypothetical for you . . . . . .

Let’s say you paid a massive premium to buy an “ocean front” unit at WKORV-N at the developer price of $94,900 per week, and you didn’t wave your right to that “ocean front” unit by accidently making your reservation less than 8 months out or depositing it with an exchange company, etc., and the big day arrives for you to show up and enjoy all the benefits of that “ocean front” unit, and you open the curtains to view the ocean from your “ocean front” unit, and you find semi-permanent, and oh so lovely, port-o-potties resting between your “ocean front” unit and the actual ocean, . . . would you have a claim against SVO for breach of contract?

If not, would you still be upset with SVO for putting these “structures” (and their exhaust vents) only inches away from your “ocean front” patio that you paid a huge premium to enjoy, . . . . and wouldn’t that issue, in and of itself, prevent management from ever placing such monstrosities there?

PortopottiesatWKORVN.jpg

Apparently not.

-nodge

Such a deal.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been here the last two weeks and haven't seen any sign of the notorious port-a-potties (thank goodness). The wind has died down and the vog is back - no sightings of Lanai or Molokai either. All in all, it's been a perfect two weeks in paradise!

RLOGO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
RLOGO,

Didn't you know that the Starwood PR department sent out a release about the new "VOLCANO" theme at the pool? :hysterical: :rofl: :hysterical:

"Spin master mix-a -lot" working overtime over there!!!