• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Responses from Tug Classifieds..

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got a few ads here but haven't gotten any response or even questions.. If you are a seller and are getting responses- please share what resort you are selling... I assume that promotion of the classified section is limited to members- so I was interested in learning what properties are currently in demand!

hunkyleebo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten any interest or questions here nor on RedWeek. I'll be going the Ebay $1 route :(

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
viewing ads is not limited to the membership...the open public can view and serach all ads.

http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace.

we have had actually nearly 100 completed for sale/for rent ads in the new system sofar.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also would be somewhat important to point out in defense...that only one of your ads has even been running for more than 7 days now....and even it was only posted on the 8th.

hunkyleebo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the June 12th ad I placed with the new system. I'm not faulting TUG, just frustrated with the market.

Present

Reaction score
I don't even read Tug for sales anymore...

I check myresortnetwork and ebay for bargins, not Tug for (mostly) overpriced TS. Sorry :{ Good luck selling your TS.

KevinRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had good luck

I have had about 6 responses, out of about 30 listings... I think that is pretty good.... I have been really happy with the response, much better than before.

bugzapper

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I check myresortnetwork and ebay for bargins, not Tug for (mostly) overpriced TS. Sorry :{ Good luck selling your TS.
I find it interesting--I'll see a TUG ad for a week I'm interested in, I search TUG for info on the resort and discover a member bragging about the great deal they found on ebay. It makes you think twice about paying $1000 or $2000 knowing that the very same week was purchased for just $1 a few months earlier. :rolleyes: This has happened more than once... :hysterical:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The only response I received was from someone trying to scam me. Nothing else. My redweek postings have been pretty quite as well. It is a combination of timing and economy. Summer vacations already booked, not yet thinking about spring vacations until the kids get back into school. Hopefully it will pick up in the fall.

I did post in the Lounge about my scamers attempts, if anyone is interested.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I was referring to the June 12th ad I placed with the new system. I'm not faulting TUG, just frustrated with the market.

sorry...my reply was to the original poster.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
The only response I received was from someone trying to scam me. Nothing else. My redweek postings have been pretty quite as well. It is a combination of timing and economy. Summer vacations already booked, not yet thinking about spring vacations until the kids get back into school. Hopefully it will pick up in the fall.

I did post in the Lounge about my scamers attempts, if anyone is interested.

perhaps I am just a bit defensive about something we put so much time and effort into and offer to all members for free....

However what sort of timeframe do some of you expect to see results in? your ads also havent even been on the site a single week with one posted on 7/14 and the other posted on 7/16.

Are you seeing your ads get sold/find buyers or renters within 5 days elsewhere?

Steve

Reaction score
I find it interesting--I'll see a TUG ad for a week I'm interested in, I search TUG for info on the resort and discover a member bragging about the great deal they found on ebay. It makes you think twice about paying $1000 or $2000 knowing that the very same week was purchased for just $1 a few months earlier. :rolleyes: This has happened more than once... :hysterical:

That's capitalism. :)

Steve

dchilds

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't beat the price

perhaps I am just a bit defensive about something we put so much time and effort into and offer to all members for free....

Are you seeing your ads get sold/find buyers or renters within 5 days elsewhere?

I did sell a timeshare the same day I listed it on RedWeek. Maybe in the tug admins' spare time, they can add another free feature, a watch list. It's difficult to provide visibility to all and still block spam. You can sell some timeshares in 5 days on eBay, if you don't mind getting 10-20% of what you can get elsewhere.

Mostly I would expect 6 months or more to get an interest in a sale. Last year I had 2 rentals out of 5 that got no interest, and they were in Vail for ski season. The other 3 were listed for months before any interest, and then it was only 4-8 weeks out before they were rented.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
in the current market...ive not heard of many "quick" sales of average priced timeshares (resale)...but I of course am not all knowing =)

could you elaborate on the "watch list" you commented on?

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Renting

We're renters.....
We've purchased vacations at TUG, Redweek, MyResortNetwork & ebay. For us it's the price....also the timing. Are you pricing competitively? What are similar weeks listed for? (i.e. Check Hilton Head Ocean Front Marriott Resorts July weeks) - Also, how far in advance are you posting 6 months before the vacation week or six weeks? (some people love to plan ahead...others like (and expect) a last minute deal. How badly do you need to rent? (can you re-deposit for a later vacation or are you willing to "give it" to a family friend?). How much of a "profit" do you expect or are you just covering maintenance fees & a little extra?

I have noticed more good last minute deals this summer. I think the economy is affecting many family vacation plans. Long distance destinations are more difficult and expensive to reach. Many people I work with have forgone the week long vacation for a couple of longer weekends.....

Good luck

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why can't TUG do an auction board?

Hey...its a thought...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hrm....im not sure it would get nearly the traffic that the same auction would on ebay...so im not sure the popularity of said item. ill look into it though!

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I deeply respect and appreciate all the thought and work that went into developing this awesome free service. I'm sure that as word gets out to the general public, there will be a huge influx of new people searching for vacation options (purchase or rental). It took Redweek.com a long time to gain attention and members in the beginning when ads could be posted on their web site for free.

I just received an Email from Timesharing Today Magazine offering subscribers a free 6 month membership to Redweek (new members only). I can't help wondering if this was sparked by their concern about the competition they expect will come from the free TUG ads.

Thank you all so much for creating this resource for us.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well thats nice to know.

dchilds

TUG Member
Reaction score
...could you elaborate on the "watch list" you commented on?

Sorry about the slow reply, I don't check tug every day. On RedWeek, you can set a flag to watch any new ads at specific resorts. If a new ad gets posted, RedWeek sends out an email to users who have that resort flagged, stating that there is a new posting. It would be nice if they gave more information about the unit/week.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
that will be a built in part of the "rent/buy wish" section...

ie when you place a listing there...it will (eventually) notifiy you if any matches come up now or in the future.

Fredm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a number of ads running on the new TUG classifieds.

My experience has been favorable, thus far.
I have had 1 sale, 1 rental, and several other serious inquiries.

I advertise on several venues, and none are currently outperforming.
Sure, the market is soft, and I wish it were otherwise.
Buyers are not as anxious to pull the trigger, at any price, given the current economy.

Patience.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are rental ads outperforming sale ads?

Fred-

Thanks for the input.. You know I only deal with sales so that may also be influencing the results. I did get a response on a Marriott Maui ad..

Perhaps at this time the rental results are better than the buy inquiries.. With the economy- it wouldn't surprise me to see more people renting than buying!

Give us a shout if you need anything!

Rich

e.bram

Reaction score
I sometimes wonder(paranoid that I am) if RW puts lowball deals on the site to lure people into joining, only to find out all the good deals are already sold.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't place that blame on the marketing sites.. That is something that happens far too often on both sale and rental ads. Either the seller forgets to remove it- or in many cases the ads are just intended to create leads and may not always have specific inventory behind it.. You'd be amazed at how many well-known resellers operate in this manner.