• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Responses from Tug Classifieds..

e.bram

Reaction score
I don't mind if I don't have to pay to look. If a sight charges to look they should delete entries.(if they are not putting them up as bait)

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've heard that same complaint many, many times about that site... I wonder if that policy will eventually encourage some people to look elsewhere first..

I generally see a lesser response rate for ads that I place on sites that require a membership of some kind, but on the other hand- they can sometimes be a better quality even if there aren't as many!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I posted for an exchange on the TUG Timeshare Marketplace - got one response. Unfortunately, I cannot directly post my exchange (or that it is listed on the Marketplace) to the very limited exchange group I am targeting here on TUG (like 12 people...) because of the interesting TUG rules that have been established.

I found that email system to exchange emails with the person that responded to my exchange request via the Timeshare Marketplace to be quite confusing.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I posted for an exchange on the TUG Timeshare Marketplace - got one response. Unfortunately, I cannot directly post my exchange (or that it is listed on the Marketplace) to the very limited exchange group I am targeting here on TUG (like 12 people...) because of the interesting TUG rules that have been established.

I dont quite understand this comment?

I found that email system to exchange emails with the person that responded to my exchange request via the Timeshare Marketplace to be quite confusing.

which part did you find confusing, I would be happy to help you to clear anything up.

The new system was designed to eliminate the ability for people to obtain your email address on a public ad...and has done so quite well.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
As not to cause trouble - I sent you a PM

As to the TS Marketplace email issue - I had someone contact me for the TS Marketplace - and it was very difficult to figure out how to find their email (and I am generally good at figuring out such things) and read it. I finally did, however, once it was read it then disappeared so when I went back to reread - it was gone.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ad messages should never disappear unless you chose to delete them (and im not even sure you can do that..id actually have to go look)

you should be able to always go into the "ads youve placed" section and view all the messages for all your ads?

we have however changed the notification email a bit to provide more info on where to go once logged in.

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
ad messages should never disappear unless you chose to delete them (and im not even sure you can do that..id actually have to go look)

you should be able to always go into the "ads youve placed" section and view all the messages for all your ads?

we have however changed the notification email a bit to provide more info on where to go once logged in.

I had a message waiting for me regarding my ad tonight. It had the person's name, email address and phone number. I have no idea where this person lives so I did not call. I sent an email to them, but I am afraid it will get caught up in their spam filter. I would have been happy if I could have sent them a PM in response to their question but there are no members with id's that seem similar to this person's name. Maybe another box to enter their Tug id, if they have one, would help with that process.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the bbs is not linked to the ad system in any way...and the ads you post are not limited to being viewed by TUG members...they are open to the public so it may be the case that the person isnt even a TUG member...or even if they are...arent BBS members either etc...and there is no internal pm system on the member only system.

your best bet would of course be to email them with your questions...and if not replied to within a reasonable amount of time...email them again.

if still no response and the request seems legitimate...I would break down and call them to ask.

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
the bbs is not linked to the ad system in any way...and the ads you post are not limited to being viewed by TUG members...they are open to the public so it may be the case that the person isnt even a TUG member...or even if they are...arent BBS members either etc...and there is no internal pm system on the member only system.

your best bet would of course be to email them with your questions...and if not replied to within a reasonable amount of time...email them again.

if still no response and the request seems legitimate...I would break down and call them to ask.

In my case, the email was received. I would have called tomorrow at a time that would have been ok for the whatever part of the country they were from. I understand the seperation of the systems and the overall net availabilty makes the Tug id box a bit awkward but you could put a 'what is a Tug id' help link near it and lure more members...just a thought...

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that as word gets out to the general public, there will be a huge influx of new people searching for vacation options (purchase or rental). It took Redweek.com a long time to gain attention and members in the beginning when ads could be posted on their web site for free.

Brian,

I'd love to know how we can spread the word about TUG? Almost every person I speak to at timeshare properties doesn't know about TUG. Sometimes when I tell them about how great the site is and how much I've learned, they look at me like I'm goofy. Does TUG advertise anywhere?

Janna

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we are mentioned in numerous magazines, newspaper articles, blogs etc...but as for paid advertising...the only venue we have is through paid google ads etc.

Sadly given the nature of the industry at times...there are many organizations that would love nothing more than for TUG to remain a secret to as many as possible....thus making advertising within the industry even more difficult.

TUG has always existed and spread via word of mouth....and the rankings we get from search engines due to our site being around for so long and having the information people are looking for during searches.