• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Belaire Golf Resort & Spa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pam's pictures are identical to what we saw when we took the tour on March 3. Don't know what day they were taken on, but they are surely indicative of the lack of progress in the building project. I do hope that things work out so that the posters who bought aren't victims. In reading the almost 100 posts here on the board, there are so many conflicting statements given by the salespeople. For instance, our salesman, a guy from New Jersey named Eric, I believe, said that you could not sell for them if you had ever sold timeshares before. And obviously, the sales force includes at least one former Mayan Palace salesperson. We were told you would be put up at the Grand Velas Vallarta next year if the unit was not ready...(even if it did happen, wonder who would pay the all inclusive). There was another resort they mentioned which would accomodate people during the building stage, but I can't remember the name right now. I wish I had taken notes, as prior to the visit, did not know this was such a hot topic on TUG. At the other timeshare tour we took, we met a couple from Peru who had purchased last year at Belaire and were on their way over to check the building progress. They had paid over $3,000 for a certain number of weeks and had already had several indications that things were not as presented. They saw right through the "Star Holiday" presentation we were on so I wondered what was said to them at Belaire to make them purchase last year as they certainly presented as astute consumers. I can't wait to return to PV next year just to see what has become of the resort and with the hope that it is not the total sham it appears to be.;)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
KarenG ( mod) goodness I hope this site is not being used to drum up business for them after all the time I have put into getting info for these poor people who took their bait.

Pam, your work will undoubtedly save others from being victimized by Bellaire. What I was referring to were some questionable posts in this long thread and another that was closed that were purportedly written by "satisfied, happy" customers of Bellaire. Many people thought these were fake posts by Bellaire salesmen.

Thanks again for all your time and effort in writing your report and posting your pictures.

What a Joke

Reaction score
updated Pictures

After posting here, i noticed someone sorry( Pammex) posted some pictures of belaire that seem to be taken Feb 27th 2008 from the date on the picture. I found some more updated pictures of that resort on another site ..thought everyone might like to see ..since this is such a big topic on here . even happier we didnt buy after seeing how many complaints there about this place ..:banana:

www.mexicotimesharescams.com

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes my pics were taken on Feb 27, 2008. They are pretty much the same as the ones What a joke displayed.....not much has occurred....

I met a person in PV who went to presentation after us and we told them whatever you do, do not buy at this time as we have read many bad issues on TUG with this place. Anyway they went and bought. Called me at home to let me know and I said I told you big problems there , try to rescind, IMHU ,anyway I just heard from them and they had charged 9,900USD on their Visa dep. or payment and then 2 days later went back to get out of deal. Belair kept all their paperwork and finally gave them a paper saying their Visa would be credited in 15 days...not sure what that all means and if that is correct recision but we shall see in a few more days I guess....

karenG...Yes, I understood what you meant as I had followed the other post as well. Thanks for the thanks though.

I just feel so bad to even believe people would do this to these poor victims and then post as satisfied customers as well. How sad! This really gives a bad rep. to Mexico and its timeshares. We own quite a few timeshares in Mexico and are very happy with them and never experienced anything like this, guess we were lucky.

Hate to say this but I doubt Grand Velas will put people up from Belair and even if so their AI is very high. I am going to stay on this as I frequent PV a lot, will be back in July and will post and well try again to put pics for everyone.

For those who opted out....smart move I think and for those who did not well I wish you the best and I can see how it happens with their smooth talk and impressive so called units......what a shame!!

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just remembered the other resort they said people would be staying in if their units weren't ready was the Bay View Grand (I think it is affiliated with the Venetian). There was some part of the pitch that said you had to do one All Inclusive a year so perhaps that is how they wrapped the Grand Velas into it, albeit with extremely high AI fees. Hate to say it, but I think this is all "Pie in the Sky" (which coincidentally is a great bakery in PV)!!!!

Dutch43

Reaction score
Bel Aire

I just visited Bel Aire today and construction continues. Lots of activity with rebar cages being built for the footings.and semi trucks unloading various products. As members we can view this in real time as Bel Aire has installed a web cam on top of the existing building. As usual Bel Aire is treating us very well. It's a pleasure to do business with all of the staff and we're excited about the future.

Ed and Phyllis

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
we can view this in real time as Bel Aire has installed a web cam on top of the existing building.
Do you have a link for that?

Dutch43

Reaction score
Bel Aire

I do but it is my membership number and I will not divulge it on the internet.

california-bighorn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have absolutely no interest in this Belair place, but owning a couple of timeshares in Mexico I do follow stories about timeshare fraud and this seems to be the most outlandish example I have ever heard. Since everything "Dutch 43" and "steve esko" (probably the same person) states is contrary to what everyone else has seen and the photographic documentation, it appears they are either smoking some native weed or are part of the scam. Unfortunately for those who have invested, it appears to be the latter.

LuvVallarta

Reaction score
Belaire Vacation Club

Hi everyone!:)

My husband and I were as concerned as many Belaire members. To put the members minds at ease, I will say that we flew out to PVR to see what was going on. We were out there for nine days in March 2008. We spoke to the owner, Antonio C. and my husband spoke to the engineer Gabriel who assured us that the breaking of the ground would take place on March 15, 2008. They explained there were some problems that for that reason adjustments had to take place. The project will be in two phases. One tower will be completed in 2009 and the second phase in 2010. While there we met several other couples who also flew into PVR to inquire. We are glad that we were able to put our minds at ease and I love Mexico and will be continuing to go out there as often as possible. As far as the project, I love the concept and I have faith in Antonio C. who is aware that I will be revisiting the site again in the months to come.....so don't worry good things are worth waiting for---

Adios!:) M & E Valentin :) (NYC)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We spoke to the owner, Antonio C. and my husband spoke to the engineer Gabriel who assured us that the breaking of the ground would take place on March 15, 2008.
These
photos
from another website were taken on March 21. They look identical to the February photos posted earlier on this thread.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do but it is my membership number and I will not divulge it on the internet.

Dutch 43 I see that you are back in the building so please comment on the VASTLY important portion of the contract identified as Article 5.2 were it in any way protects the investors if you can.

Dutch 43 later we noticed in reading over our paperwork this item
Quote “Article 5.2 “Quote Upon the dissolution of the Club, its assets, which DO NOT INCLUDE THE REAL PROPERTY, LAND OR BUILDINGS of the resort will be distributed to the members of the Club” Unquote

Excuse me Dutch 43, but IMHO the buildings and land IMHO would be about 95% of the assets inherit value and the contents etc as a worsr case situation might require a special assessment to get rid of them.

Dutch 43. I do not know if the non presale package regular Membership has the same clause in it as ours did.

Dutch 43 if it does then the Regular Club Membership agreement IMHO does not seemingly offer much encouragement of getting much of your money back if as per contract if the Club is dissolved.

Dutch 43 the paperwork did not explain on how or what was needed to dislove the Club. We found that to be VERY unsettling. Dutch 43 please post as STATED IN THE CONTRACT what is needed to disolve this Club.

One reason Article 5.2 made us leery was that the Belaire spokespeople had made a big deal about pointing out the "guaranteed completion bond "that they said that they had to put up, but did not say anything about if the Club was sold or dissolved which we both found unsettling. Dutch 43 it was found buried the back in the paperwork packet.

So Dutch43 please and try to :rofl: :rofl: explain Article 5.2 AWAY BUT you will not try as there is no answer.

Is :shrug: the former Mayan Palace tranier :bawl: Marcos still aboard.

I am certain I will get either one of your red herring replys that again does not address address the important issue of Article 5.2 that IMHO sets up the buyers to get (*$^%^&*.

Bruce :D

Last edited:

california-bighorn

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can add the name "LuvVallarta" to Dutch 43 and steve esko in my earlier post. But I'm glad they got to get together with all their other imaginary friends who flew in to look at the location. Yeah right!!!

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can add the name "LuvVallarta" to Dutch 43 and steve esko in my earlier post. But I'm glad they got to get together with all their other imaginary friends who flew in to look at the location. Yeah right!!!

Marty, I think we need to give Dutch 43 or any of the other "Buyers" a little more time to try and explain away "Article 5.2 that states “Quote Upon the dissolution of the Club, its assets, which DO NOT INCLUDE THE REAL PROPERTY, LAND OR BUILDINGS of the resort will be distributed to the members of the Club”

They have only had about 4 1/2 months or so to address those concerns since I posted about "Article 5.2 “ back on November 15, 2007.

Does Minnesota, Puerto Vallarta and New York have the same email IP address by any chance?

Bruce

Dutch43

Reaction score
Bel Aire

My attorney looked over the contract and I pay them to give me sound advice. I certainly do not have to answer to anyone on this sight as to contract or real estate law. Tell your concerns to someone who knows the law. I don't. Follow their expensive advice and quit trying to tell others what to do. We owners will enjoy our time in the sun and our investment.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
My attorney looked over the contract and I pay them to give me sound advice. I certainly do not have to answer to anyone on this sight as to contract or real estate law. Tell your concerns to someone who knows the law. I don't. Follow their expensive advice and quit trying to tell others what to do. We owners will enjoy our time in the sun and our investment.

And pray tell, what wisdom did they share with you?

Do you want your goat back?

Bruce :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

Dutch43

Reaction score
Bel Aire

Bruce

Sorry I can't be online for awhile. Another couple that we're here with are joining us for a steak dinner at Bel Aire this evening. I'm sorry that you will have to eat crow ---- in more ways than one.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce

Sorry I can't be online for awhile. Another couple that we're here with are joining us for a steak dinner at Bel Aire this evening. I'm sorry that you will have to eat crow ---- in more ways than one.

They have only had about 4 1/2 months or so to address those concerns since I posted about "Article 5.2 “ back on November 15, 2007 and IMHO poor old Dutch 43 post a very weak reply because they can not effectively refute "Article 5.2 “ so it appears he wants to dodge that FACT.

So Dutch 43 does his yada, yada, yada bit again.

Bruce :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
hmm...a web cam of the construction, well I would assume that would be available for all to see via a public link.....

Article 5.2 , was a big issue with my husband as well, saying so if you go bust, we own nothing, nada!!!

One tower will be complete 2009 and another 2010, well I was told whole project would be complete in 15 months, so which is it...

LIverpool and the mall in PV were built quicker, along with home depot etc....this is beyond ridiculous.....

Seems like lurkers from Belair must certainly be posting here.....this is really sad.

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
oops forgot, internet use from PV would have an IP address from Mexico.....should be easy enough for a computer geek to check on that at maybe TUG or something.........................

wind

Reaction score
Belaire as of March 08

Yes, we bought into the Belaire. We were impressed by the large
well designed models in the new building. I bought at Mayan Palace
when it was just a palapa 10 years ago. The retaining wall looked
finished when we were there. We were there 2 weeks staying at the Grand
Mayan. Tony and Neiko treated us well, and we had several good meals at
the restaurant there:banana:
There were trucks bringing in fill and gravel. I sensed a frustration by
the staff of slow construction, but if your have any knowledge of construction projects, especially third world, you will realize they lag US standards and timing. How many partially completed buildings did you see around PV? Very typical of Mexico. Maybe the principles did not realize the problems of doing construction in Mexico. Maybe thats why Grupo Mayan has its own construction company. With a foreign construction company, maybe the promise date will really happen. Lets all hope for the best and give Belaire a chance. We have also heard that the principles are looking at existing resorts to renovate and expand the Belaire empire.
Maybe I'm giving them too much credit and things may continue to slide but remember you bought at pre-construction pricing and took some risks. It takes a lot of trust in the company to buy into such a promise and bit of vision to appreciate the future, but lets all hope the 'investment' pays off.
Wind

california-bighorn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Belaire Scorecard

Bruce, let's keep a scorecard of the 1st time posters coming "out of nowhere" and praising the Belaire. We now have "Dutch", "Steve", "LuvVallarta" and passing.... no it's just plain "Wind". Sounds like they have one hell of a restaurant there. Everyone comes from everywhere to meet there to forget about the real world. This would be comical except there are going to be many disappointed buyers. Good luck to all!!!

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Belaire keeps setting new records for first time posters but none of them try to explain away those concerns expressed by myself and others since I posted about "Article 5.2 “ back on November 15, 2007.

:annoyed: :mad: Dutch 43 posted a very weak :shrug: reply concerning "Article 5.2 “ and would not answer the question because he :bawl: and those others can not effectively :wall: refute "Article 5.2 “ so it appears he trys to dodge that FACT.

Another striking similarity is most but not all of the new posters do not list any other timeshares that they own.

If the Belaire is built that "Article 5.2 “ is a timebomb in the near future that
may explode and the buyers will not as per contract wording in "Article 5.2 “ receive any monies from the sale of the land and building.

This portion of of the contract states.
Quote "Article 5.2 states “Quote Upon the dissolution of the Club, its assets, which DO NOT INCLUDE THE REAL PROPERTY, LAND OR BUILDINGS of the resort will be distributed to the members of the Club” Unquote

I really hope the people who have truely bought get what they are supposed to get. I also hope the shill who was exposed in the first string when their IP address turned out to be Puerto Vallarta instead of the US address gets what they deserve even though they may not want it.

Bruce

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce, let's keep a scorecard of the 1st time posters coming "out of nowhere" and praising the Belaire. We now have "Dutch", "Steve", "LuvVallarta" and passing.... no it's just plain "Wind". Sounds like they have one hell of a restaurant there. Everyone comes from everywhere to meet there to forget about the real world. This would be comical except there are going to be many disappointed buyers. Good luck to all!!!

Marty, there may even more newbie posters on this first Belaire string compared to this second Belaire string. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52034
How many newbies are there counting both strings?

Bruce

Mule

Reaction score
Bruce, Why are you so negative only on Belaire? I'm a owner of Grand Mayan and Belaire. I have been on five Grand Mayan tours and they lie like a rug. They lie and lie and lie. They have lied so much everyone is sueing them. Grand Mayan puts the Belaire to shame with the lies. So lets be fair, they all lie to get your money.

I have removed comments that are political in nature as TUG rules prohibit political discussions. Karen G, Moderator

I have met you before and enjoy your knowledge, spread it evenly. From a blonde blue eyed AMERICAN!!:cheer: :cheer:

p.s. I only bought at Belaire to recoup the money the Grand Mayan ripped me off for with their monster lies!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.