• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Marketplace spam again? [Judy Boulay]

jtmic5

TUG Member
Reaction score
i've been corresponding with Judy

Judy Boulay contacted me a few days ago (using her hotmail) asking if my timeshare is still available without pointing out all the specifics I had mentioned on my ad.

i've been corresponding with Judy for a few days now and she just sent me her offer of 11,000 for my Marriott week, but this time using her yahoo email.

She sounded very sincere and genuine with all her email replies, but I'm glad that I searched her name here before accepting her offer. Here's what she wrote me today-

1- I will be willing to pay 11,000 dollars for your timeshare, closing will commence within the next few days.

2- I am hearing impaired in both ears and as a result, I will doing all closing formalities through my broker. I will be responsible for the closing clost and title transfer fees along with my broker fees.

3- Closing will be done through chicago title transfer Inc who my broker is affiliated with and funds will be held in Escrow during closing.

hmm... hearing impaired, insisting on using her own broker/transfer company when I preferred using tug recommended closing company (JRA service).... it raised a few red flags after reading all the posts on this forum, thanks tuggers for starting this judy thread!

I'm going to ask her to provide a copy of her passport and insist on using JRA service. Will report back if I hear anything else from her.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Judy Boulay contacted me a few days ago (using her hotmail) asking if my timeshare is still available without pointing out all the specifics I had mentioned on my ad.

i've been corresponding with Judy for a few days now and she just sent me her offer of 11,000 for my Marriott week, but this time using her yahoo email.

She sounded very sincere and genuine with all her email replies, but I'm glad that I searched her name here before accepting her offer. Here's what she wrote me today-

1- I will be willing to pay 11,000 dollars for your timeshare, closing will commence within the next few days.

2- I am hearing impaired in both ears and as a result, I will doing all closing formalities through my broker. I will be responsible for the closing clost and title transfer fees along with my broker fees.

3- Closing will be done through chicago title transfer Inc who my broker is affiliated with and funds will be held in Escrow during closing.

hmm... hearing impaired, insisting on using her own broker/transfer company when I preferred using tug recommended closing company (JRA service).... it raised a few red flags after reading all the posts on this forum, thanks tuggers for starting this judy thread!

I'm going to ask her to provide a copy of her passport and insist on using JRA service. Will report back if I hear anything else from her.

I was trying to figure out HOW this scam was going to work if they are using a legit escrow company. I searched and found a website for Chicago Title Timeshare who has a fraud warning on their website:

"FRAUD ALERT:*It has come to our attention that the name of*Chicago Title Insurance Company*(“Chicago Title”) and some of its logos and business addresses are being used in attempts to defraud the public through false transactions involving the transfers of timeshares. In some reported instances, the perpetrators have contacted timeshare owners and falsely represented themselves to be employees of Chicago Title or to otherwise have a business relationship with Chicago Title. These frauds are predominately carried out via phone and email or by using a website claiming to be that of Chicago Title or Chicago Title’s ultimate parent company, Fidelity National Financial, Inc.

We caution against providing personal information or sending money to any person claiming to represent or to have a relationship with Chicago Title. In the event you are contacted by a person making such a claim, you are strongly advised to seek clarification from our office at timeshare@Ctt.com."

I also came across an old TUG thread from a year ago that mentions a scam with the same markers (hearing impaired and wanting to use Chicago Title Transfer, Inc.). See page 5 posts 103 and 106.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1221817

Bwolf

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same position as jtmic5.

My response will be that my listed price is the lowest price I will accept; I'm sorry she is hearing impaired but title transfers involve reading and signing paperwork; if she agrees to the price and to pay all closing costs, the title transfer company will be one I choose located near the timeshare. Otherwise, thank you and good luck seeking to buy other timeshares.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A suggestion...

,snip> She sounded very sincere and genuine with all her email replies, but I'm glad that I searched her name here before accepting her offer. Here's what she wrote me today-

Asking for a copy of a passport is intrusive and unreasonable IMnsHO; I for one would never even consider meeting any such request from anyone other than an authorized governmental entity and only in person.

That being said, you are on the right track regarding requiring using JRA. You can simply and very overtly state your requirement to use only JRA Services for closing; even offer to pay all closing costs yourself. Any and all buyer and seller info submisssion can be (and generally is) done completely online with JRA anyhow, so the "I'm hearing impaired" story promptly loses all of its' steam and validity in a real big hurry; no hearing ability is required in the first place to submit info online to this long established and well respected timeshare closing entity. What else ya got, slippery "Judy" (...or is it maybe "Peggy" today)? :rolleyes:

Take away all of "judy's" wiggle room to scam and s/he will disappear back into cyberspace just as quickly as s/he appeared in the first place. The single fact that s/he contacted so many people, simultaneously, offering to buy so many completely different, unrelated timeshares, wanting to "close soon" on all of them, emits a strong and foul odor, in and of itself. Add in all of the other oddities and "Judy" reeks of scam. :eek:

Good luck "Judy", but you've chosen the wrong venue to find gullible people who "just fell off the turnip truck" and then landed on their heads; I would suggest looking somewhere else for prospective suckers...

Last edited:

tug_bob

Reaction score
interesting tidbit.... I too have had a week or more of emails with "Judy" - got suspicious with the same info about being deaf and needing to use her title company. Looking at the message header the originating IP was: 41.45.16.179 -- that IP traces back to a yahoo server in Egypt.

Too many red flags for me... Thanks to all those that have also shared "Judy" stories.

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Judy: I may be willing to pay x,xxx dollars but chicago title is good enough for me. Let me know.

Of course Chicago Title is good enough. But not for me. I'm debating if I should let Judy know that I know Chicago Title has scam alerts or just tell her that, as the seller, I chose the title company.

I'll wait and see what some of you think.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another $0.02 worth...

From Judy: I may be willing to pay x,xxx dollars but chicago title is good enough for me. Let me know.

Of course Chicago Title is good enough. But not for me. I'm debating if I should let Judy know that I know Chicago Title has scam alerts or just tell her that, as the seller, I chose the title company.

I'll wait and see what some of you think.

As stated already in post #54 above, I'd suggest openly offering to pay the closing costs yourself, to a well known and respected closing company of your choice. No "hearing ability" required. You already know "judy" won't go for that, since that would just kill off the actual scam angle apparently being worked here.

As far as making "judy" aware of your knowledge of the existing scam alert regarding misuse of the Chicago Title name, I might personally be inclined to just let that go. Buyers doing their homework and conducting due diligence will likely find revelatory Internet discussions (like this one) or similar information anyhow. Others may feel differently about that however. :shrug:

starksmr2

Reaction score
Albert Brown + Judy Boulay

Albert Brown and Judy Boulay sent me the same email, word for word, with different amounts.

Thanks for the extra details. Having reviewed all the information provided, I have made my offer as clearly as possible below.

1- I will be willing to pay 21,000 dollars for your timeshare, closing will commence within the next few days.

Let me know if this works and I will try to close as soon as possible.

Glad to know it is all BS.

MJS

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you realize that Judy always sends her eMails way earlier than usual people living in the US would be awake in the morning?

Sounds like she is based in Egypt, not in th US :)

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
curious

Did everyone who got these inquires from Judy have units for sale that were more than a couple hundred dollars?

With one of mine being free and the other $199, if Judy sent me any offer a copy of my title would be off to her title company yesterday.

It appears she may be looking for units with some value, get the title and her phony check into escrow, get the deed in her name and stiff the seller with a bad check that can't be traced.

Come on Judy send me that letter.:hysterical:

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
From me:

Judy: I'm sorry, but I'm the seller. I choose the title transfer company.

Here's the deal: $x,xxx selling price, you pay all closing costs, and I choose the title transfer company.

All I need is a yes or no. There will be no more negotiating.

Sincerely,

From Judy:

NO

Sincerely,
Judy Boulay
--------------------------

So, I guess this ends my Judy Boulay saga. :cool:

bet97

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW, reading all of this is interesting...I have been emailing back/forth with Andrew Frechette. He contacted me via Redweek on my t/s listing. I thought the emails were odd as they were written very strangely. Said was hearing impaired and his broker would contact me once I give him my name, address and phone number. He gave me his address in Las Vegas and Ph #. Never called it but looked up the address....wasn't valid as Google maps and USPS couldn't find it.

Thought was really odd the price he offered me on my listing too couple hundred less than asking....plus he wants to use the Chicago timeshare closing co., would pay all closing/transfer fees and would send me a check for $1000 once I agree. Glad I did my home work and found this thread!

So I am curious how does this scam work??? I don't get it as they are not asking for any $'s plus they pay the closing fees. Shouldn't someone in law enforcement be investigating this??

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
So I am curious how does this scam work???

My guess is that "Judy" will eventually give you a check, a bigger check than you were expecting, and "she" will likely say there was a mistake and for you to keep the check and send her or "Chicago Title" the overage. By the time your bank figures out her check is fraudulent Judy is long gone with no trail.

PShack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Judy Boulay scam, thank for attention

Thanks to everyone for sharing. I too, was hopeful of the Judy Boulay offers. After reaching a price I figured I needed to do my research and I'm glad I did and glad I'm 'on' TUG. Keep sharing everyone, it helps us all.
Patrick

AVE938

TUG Member
Reaction score
She contacted us too

She contacted us on both timeshares we have for sale, via email. Wish we'd looked here first because it sounded odd from the first.

Contacted us today with convoluted plan to send us a Cashier's Check, with us to deposit part and send part to her Broker. We responded to NOT SEND MONEY.

She also says that she is deaf in both ears explaining why she wouldn't call or give her contact information?!

Sounds like this is the same scam as described above (Andrew Frechette) bet97

Thank you everyone for posting these warnings. Thank goodness there is this forum to warn each other.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So I am curious how does this scam work??? I don't get it as they are not asking for any $'s plus they pay the closing fees. Shouldn't someone in law enforcement be investigating this??

My guess is that "Judy" will eventually give you a check, a bigger check than you were expecting, and "she" will likely say there was a mistake and for you to keep the check and send her or "Chicago Title" the overage. By the time your bank figures out her check is fraudulent Judy is long gone with no trail.

Contacted us today with convoluted plan to send us a Cashier's Check, with us to deposit part and send part to her Broker. We responded to NOT SEND MONEY.

And the answer, suggested by RX8, is confirmed. Re law enforcement, feel free to contact the police in Cairo, Egypt (as that is where it appears the e-mails are coming from).

Last edited:

Corky

TUG Member
Reaction score
UGH! Caught by the scammer, believed "Judy" to be legit, gave out my home address and phone number before seeing all this info on TUG.

Am I in any danger? Does this open me up to more scammmers????

The flag went up when I received today's email from "Judy."

<<Thank you for your patience.

Just to let you know that I had to travel and will be away from home for the next 6 weeks. I do not know if I have mentioned this before but I have a disability. I was informed by the hospital which I am registered with that a new hearing aid which is supposed to be able to restore 30% of my hearing ability has just been delivered and they would like to test run it with me. This is impromptu so I had to make speedy arrangements. I tried to reach my broker yesterday and today but I got an auto response that he is currently out of the country on business. I have however sent him numerous email messages along with your contact information and expect him to be in touch with you as soon as he receives my messages.

Because I was unable to contact Samuel to send his brokerage fees, title transfer fees and escrow fees, I visited my bank and got a cashiers check for 3900 dollars which I have also mailed out to you. Upon receipt, I would need you to deposit the check, funds should be available immediately, I would need you to deduct your Ernest deposit of 500 dollars, this is to affirm my willingness and seriousness to buy this property and fend off other offers while closing processes are arranged by my broker. Then, forward the balance 3,400 dollars to Mr Samuel Kaplan as his fees for your timeshare closing and escrow charges whenever he gets in touch with you. It is my assumption that Samuel will provide additional instructions on how to get the fees to him.

He is my personal broker and would be responsible for all the documentation and deed of transfer. Samuel works in affiliation with Chicago title timeshare transfer company who would be handling the closing. Please note that the balance for your timeshare would be held in escrow. As soon as Samuel gets in touch with you and finalizes the sale, the balance will be released to you before you transfer the title deed. Please notify me as soon as you receive contact from Samuel.

Do watch out for any mails to your address and also notify me as soon as you receive my check. Although I am away from home, I would still have access regularly to my email and would be in touch throughout the process.

Thanks for your understanding and sorry for the minor inconvenience. Please respond to this email so I am aware that you have received my message.

Sincerely,
Judy Boulay>>

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Do watch out for any mails to your address and also notify me as soon as you receive my check.
Great idea! Get that mail and of course do not deposit the bogus check. It might be fun to take it to the bank and have them investigate for you. Contact the US Postal Inspector and file a report of mail fraud. Here's a place to start.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
UGH! Caught by the scammer, believed "Judy" to be legit, gave out my home address and phone number before seeing all this info on TUG.

Just to let you know that I had to travel and will be away from home for the next 6 weeks. I do not know if I have mentioned this before but I have a disability. I was informed by the hospital which I am registered with that a new hearing aid which is supposed to be able to restore 30% of my hearing ability has just been delivered and they would like to test run it with me. This is impromptu so I had to make speedy arrangements. I tried to reach my broker yesterday and today but I got an auto response that he is currently out of the country on business. I have however sent him numerous email messages along with your contact information and expect him to be in touch with you as soon as he receives my messages.

Because I was unable to contact Samuel to send his brokerage fees, title transfer fees and escrow fees, I visited my bank and got a cashiers check for 3900 dollars which I have also mailed out to you. Upon receipt, I would need you to deposit the check, funds should be available immediately, I would need you to deduct your Ernest deposit of 500 dollars, this is to affirm my willingness and seriousness to buy this property and fend off other offers while closing processes are arranged by my broker. Then, forward the balance 3,400 dollars to Mr Samuel Kaplan as his fees for your timeshare closing and escrow charges whenever he gets in touch with you. It is my assumption that Samuel will provide additional instructions on how to get the fees to him.

He is my personal broker and would be responsible for all the documentation and deed of transfer. Samuel works in affiliation with Chicago title timeshare transfer company who would be handling the closing. Please note that the balance for your timeshare would be held in escrow. As soon as Samuel gets in touch with you and finalizes the sale, the balance will be released to you before you transfer the title deed. Please notify me as soon as you receive contact from Samuel.

Do watch out for any mails to your address and also notify me as soon as you receive my check. Although I am away from home, I would still have access regularly to my email and would be in touch throughout the process.

Thanks for your understanding and sorry for the minor inconvenience. Please respond to this email so I am aware that you have received my message.

Sincerely,
Judy Boulay>>

Wow, what a crock. She's going to trust you with a check for $3900 and expect you to send a check of yours to be held in escrow until the transaction is complete.

How does anyone fall this nonsense?

I would not respond at all.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sincerely,
Judy Boulay>>

CLEARLY, this is outright FRAUD.

The Postal Inspectors should be notified, but only if any of the transaction involves the use of the United States Mails.

If UPS, Federal Express or wire transfers are involved the US Postal Service will not be able to assist you.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fraud it is, but...

The Postal Inspectors should be notified, but only if any of the transaction involves the use of the United States Mails.

If UPS, Federal Express or wire transfers are involved the US Postal Service will not be able to assist you.

Unfortunately, "judy" is likely very comfortably situated well outside of the U.S. and, consequently, well outside of the (...generally very short) reach of U.S. Postal Service investigators. :shrug:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, "judy" is likely very comfortably situated well outside of the U.S. and, consequently, well outside of the (...generally very short) reach of U.S. Postal Service investigators. :shrug:

As I noted upthread, people should feel free to contact the Cairo (Egypt) police.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
And HERE's the hook...

<snip> (From Judy Boulay): I visited my bank and got a cashiers check for 3900 dollars which I have also mailed out to you. Upon receipt, I would need you to deposit the check, funds should be available immediately, I would need you to deduct your Ernest deposit of 500 dollars, this is to [...blah, blah, blah...].Then, forward the balance 3,400 dollars to Mr Samuel Kaplan as his fees for your timeshare closing and escrow charges whenever he gets in touch with you. <snip> >>

So, to paraphrase:

I'll send you a bad check for $3,900. You are then to send out a good check for $3,400. By the time all the smoke clears, I'll have your good money and you'll have nothing but a charge imposed upon you by your bank for presenting a bogus check. Good luck tracking me down; my planning has been careful to impede your ever successfully doing so..... And by the way, you still own your timeshare.

Thanks for your "donation". You can now officially just color me (...and your money) LONG GONE....

Luv ya,
Judy Boulay

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score